Question

Data not working

• 5 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I gotten a contract with iD Mobile last week, delay of delivery. Was supposed to be delivered today but never arrived. Turns out was Royal Mail issue. Rather than waiting 2-3 days for iD mobile to send a replacement from their warehouse, I went to Currys instead as they do replacement SIMS for iD mobile. Bare in mind I didn't even have the SIM delivered in the first place but still went ahead and got a replacement sorted in store at Currys. 

Once I received the replacement, put in my phone, it works with the wifi turned on, and can see iD mobile shows top left of my phone and I can call and also text. And also got an confirmation text of my my sim being activated as i did it myself. When I turn off the WiFi to test the Data, it doesn't work whatsoever. It doesn't recognise the network which is strange as its a brand new replacement SIM. The issue also occurs on a different device. Works well with WiFi but Data it just doesn't seem to recognise the network and doesn't work. 

Would my options be to go back in store to get another replacement SIM once again?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Janssen,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise checking the coverage and network status in the area.

Please visit the link below and enter your postcode.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

If no issues are showing, please let us know and we can help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?