Solved

data not working in UK

• 4 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi 

Bought this sim for my daughter. Only recently she told me that if she's not connected with wifi she hardly ever has any data working and if it does it's very slow.

We tried to reset the phone, use sim in a  different phone -the same problem. Signal is there,usually about 2 bars but not connecting.

I pay for 100gb and she can't use it. When she's out and we need her data working the most she hasn't got access to anything

Any ideas what's wrong?

icon

Best answer by RentalLeader 4 May 2023, 20:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hiya,

There’s a few things that you could try to see if you get any improvements:

1. It could be worth checking to see if there is signal in the area as that sounds like it could be due to a signal issue. While ID does cover 99% of the UK there are still dead spots and slow spots due to limitations of the Three network. A full ID service checker can be found here → https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage
  2. Is the phone suitable for the ID Network? While ID works in most phones, some are unable to access the network. A list directly from the network on compatible phones can be found here → https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets,
  3. If neither of those appear to be an issue then try the Sim in another phone, if the issues continue then visit your nearest Currys store and they’ll be able to issue you a replacement Sim completely free. Sometimes Sims can have issues and means that some network functions fail to work correctly. If the issues don’t continue in a different phone then there could be a fault with the actual device, in this case you would need to contact the manufacturer for the correct service route.

Thank you for your ideas. Network is fine as 02, EE, giff gaff and smarty works fine. Plus the problem is in any location.

Phone is not on the list attached, and it was bought with ID sim card so that shouldn't be a problem.

Aaleeady tried on dofferent phone and it wasn't working either.

Can't ID send me a new sim card? Don't really want to go to Currys 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Malina.  We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further and look at sending out a replacement SIM.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your email. Looks like the problem is solved. VPN was blocking data fornsome reason.

If you could explain it would be great.

There's no need for sim replacement.

Take care,

Malina

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Malina,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Unfortunately we can’t advise on the specific reason for the issue.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?