Solved

data stops working

• 12 November 2023
  • 15 replies

For the last few days I am struggling to keep my SIM card data connected. I have to restart it every 20 minutes but now it is not loading anything at all. I had no problems up until yesterday and I am in a full service area and the same area it was working fine in before. How do I resolve this as this is my only WiFi access

icon

Best answer by andewhite 13 November 2023, 13:31

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you also cannot call and text, then perhaps your iD SIM card, or your handset, has recently developed a fault @Alice Vowles

Otherwise, maybe there’s network congestion, or a mobile network fault, in your area. 
Check online at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support, using your postcode @Alice Vowles

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Alice Vowles,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you manage to check the coverage in your area and find any issues?

Please let us know and we can help you out.

Kash

Hello, it was working fine in the same area and has suddenly stopped working properly. I've come into Brighton centre today where there is 5g and it is still intermittent and I have to keep restarting the SIM card 

I should state that I have been using this is my mifi box since day 1 and it has been fine up until 10 days ago it has consistently failed with keeping it's full signal and constant connection. Today I put it in my phone as my Lebara SIM has reached its limit and the problem still consists in my handset device so it seems to be a problem with the SIM card, and not my mifi box or phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alice Vowles 

Are you able to try and switch the SIM card to 4G instead of 5G?

It’s worth noting that we don’t officially support Mi-Fi boxes, routers etc so we couldn’t comment much on those devices.

What handset did you put the SIM card inside?

Tom

My phone automatically switches between the two, but I live in a 4g area which is connected now. I have a Sony v, my SIM was working perfectly fine in the mifi box for the first month. If this continues I will unfortunately have to change network as it's becoming a real pain. Just loading this page I had to reconnect to my internet twice for anything to load up

It also just took several minutes to upload that reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alice Vowles 

Your device may have an option to switch between 3G/4G/5G manually, I’d recommend checking for that, however if you do find you wish to return your plan, we’d recommend contacting the vendor you’ve purchased from within your returns period.

If this purchase was made directly via iD Mobile please let us know so we can get in touch to assist with a return.

Tom

I've never touched the data settings on this phone, it picks up 4G or E along with 5G in the city. It's a PAYG SIM card that I ordered via id website. If there's no option to try a better connection then I can cancel it and return to Lebara. I have no problems using my lebara SIM card where ID seem to be failing 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I've never touched the data settings on this phone, it picks up 4G or E along with 5G in the city. It's a PAYG SIM card that I ordered via id website. If there's no option to try a better connection then I can cancel it and return to Lebara. I have no problems using my lebara SIM card where ID seem to be failing 

Lebara use the Vodafone network, whereas iD Mobile use the Three UK network.
With differences in mobile network infrastructure and radio spectrum used, the signal reception could be significantly different, on each network, at the same location. 

The ID website says there is excellent coverage in my area so unsure why it's struggling to pick up more than one bar everywhere. It was working fine when I moved here for the first 2 weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Alice Vowles, results shown by the network providers online coverage checkers are based on computer predictions, and may not reflect real-world signal reception at any given location. 

The https://mastdata.com website has real-world signal reception information for many UK locations.

Perhaps there’s an ongoing network fault / issue in your area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alice Vowles 

As @andewhite suggests the coverage checker itself is based on approximations, real world coverage may differ, our coverage would be completely different to the coverage offered by Vodafone/Lebara.

Tom

Surely in Brighton centre I shouldn't have this programme, or even Hassocks town centre?

How can I cancel my monthly payments? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alice Vowles 

Coverage issues or weaker areas can be anywhere, it wouldn’t be based on if it’s a town center or not.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?