Solved

Data usage incorrect?

Hi

My data allowance usually lasts me just about the whole month but this month I’ve been told that my data allowance expired after just 2 days which I think is impossible

Can this be checked to see if an error has occurred please? I can’t understand how 10 gb can be used in two days?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 January 2023, 23:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @AJT,

The app shows the remaining allowance for your plan.

Did you receive the full 10GB? Sometimes you’d get a pro-rata allowance following a Direct Debit date change/Plan change/Upgrade.

The usage is recorded as long as the device has made a connection to the network.

We would not record usage unless it has been used.

Do note that apps can use background data so we only recommend using data when no WiFi is available.

You can also turn off automatic software updates/updates when on Mobile Data to prevent software updates (this won’t prevent background usage of apps.

5G can also be a factor as this allows data usage to be used at a much faster rate as it downloads data at a quicker rate. 

Mohammed

Thank you for your response Mohammed

I have had zero remaining allowance since the 3rd of this month

I simply received a message telling me that the full 10gb has been used and that I was now out of data. There was no change at all to the monthly plan or direct debit/payment date

I note your comment “We would not record usage unless it has been used” but I cannot see how I could possibly use 10gb in just 2 days.

I will have a breakdown of my usage next month with my online bill but is there anyway I can access that information now to see exactly what was used, when and how?

Thanks again

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could probably get an idea of mobile data use by looking on your handset. Its Settings app normally has an option for controlling which apps can use mobile data, and this usually also shows the usage per app.

You might find one or more of the apps on your handset with unexpectedly high data usage counts.

Good luck @AJT.

Thats an interesting one andewhite. I’ll have a look.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @AJT 

Your remaining data/data usage can be found in the iD Mobile app, I’d recommend downloading that and keeping an eye on usage there.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have a similar problem however my data renewed 18/2/23 4gb plus 4gb rolled over and with if hours it had gone which is impossible as you can tell I barely use my data. There is nothing running on my phone it’s been checked. All ID could tell me was it’s been used which wasn’t helpful. Can I see exactly what used it as I believe this to be incorrect. Thank you. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You might need to wait for your next bill to be provided. Then you can check the mobile data use day by day, from the itemised section of the bill.

Userlevel 1

You might need to wait for your next bill to be provided. Then you can check the mobile data use day by day, from the itemised section of the bill.

Thank you. Can ID look this up in the meantime for me as I’ve used up 8gb in less than a few hours and I don’t want to add more data until I know what has used it? Thank you. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you. Can ID look this up in the meantime for me as I’ve used up 8gb in less than a few hours and I don’t want to add more data until I know what has used it? Thank you. 

They probably can, but actually getting iD Mobile to this in a timely manner won’t be easy.
Good luck @Julie Tate

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Julie Tate,

We can see what dates and amount of data has been used but we cannot see what it was used on.

If you want me to take a look at the usage to advise you so you can review further we can.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?