Solved

Delay in porting

• 13 October 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

Received new phone 5thOct. ID mobile said porting due on 10th ,now 13th and nothing happened. You have PAC code from old provider O2. Seems from other commentsthat ID mobile is terrible at porting old numbers, can someone sort this please!!!!

icon

Best answer by Tom 18 October 2023, 15:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue! I’m a new customer to ID and I’m sadden to have issues already.  Moved from Three Mobile which had awful customer service.

How do we contact ID, I was assured there was live chat button available to be able to talk to human but that’s clearly not the case.

Userlevel 1

I have seen replies from ID to bad reviews and they say you can comment via live chat/ and even talk to an advisor , but same as you I can't find anything. I will raise a formal complaint. Ofcom says numbers should be ported in 24 hours, I have waited over a week.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m having the same issue! I’m a new customer to ID and I’m sadden to have issues already.  Moved from Three Mobile which had awful customer service.

How do we contact ID, I was assured there was live chat button available to be able to talk to human but that’s clearly not the case.

Chat with an agent at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat @fia - type talk to a person to avoid the bot. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

My heart is sinking reading these messages as well as other related topics. My porting was supposed to complete yesterday and I even received a text from ID Mobile confirming the switch was complete at 11am yesterday but I’ve not been able to receive calls or texts. Since then I ran through all the troubleshooting tips (reset network, switch phone off and on, sign out of icloud. I made the big mistake of reseting my old phone so since all of this I can’t send or receive on my old phone or new phone.

I spoke to ID Mobile via chat and they said to change the APN settings but there is no option to do this. The resolve to the outcome was:

“All number transfers require the original network to supply a file to the new network. This file has not been supplied which is completely outside of our control. We’re sorry as we know how frustrating this is for you.

It is standard process for us to escalate any missing files with the network you’re switching from as soon as they are late. We are already chasing the network you are switching from on a daily basis and as soon as the file arrives, your switch will complete. Just look out for a text message from iD confirming that it has completed.”

I tried to call o2 who I’m switching from to escalate but they said it’s a back end team who they don’t have access to.

ID Mobile have confirmed they will credit my account for every day of delay. 

So I have no idea when this will complete and judging by the replies I’m reading, it could be weeks.

Userlevel 1

It’s shocking! I’ve never had an issue with any other network transferring existing number to new network.  Seems like the process is a backward technology.  Don’t we use computers these days whereby transfer is done within minutes over wifi!

Userlevel 1

I’m still waiting for my number to port still, being waiting so far 5 days.

Userlevel 1

I’ve logged a complaint with OfCom Web Forms Reference 01700785.  I’ve been waiting 7 days now for my number to transfer.  I can’t get into any banking etc as verifications go to old number.  

Here’s the link if anyone else wants to register a complaint.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Senex 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @fia 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dfisher 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Sadly, private message was sent  by Tom at ID. I have replied but operative hasn’t bothered replying to my reply to his message.  ID is a shambles!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @fia 

We aren’t a live chat on the community, we’d appreciate your patience, we’ll respond when we get the chance.

If you wish to speak to a live chat, please see the link here.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Why did you private message me and ask for my security details?  Shall I post a photo of what you sent privately Tom?

Userlevel 1

I wait for porting since 2nd of october...this is the 3rd week....i rised complaints...i contacted every single day...and nothingggggg was sorted out. I am sick and tired...i am a new customer and this was the biggest mistake ever to join ID.

Userlevel 1

I wait for porting since 2nd of october...this is the 3rd week....i rised complaints...i contacted every single day...and nothingggggg was sorted out. I am sick and tired...i am a new customer and this was the biggest mistake ever to join ID.

Same Here.  I thought Three Mobile had bad customer service but this is on another level of terrible!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @fia 

Feel free to post a picture of what we sent via the verified iD Mobile support account on the community site, they’re simply security details so we can access your account, if you don’t wish to share them there, that’s up to you, however we wouldn’t be able to look into anything without the account holder passing security.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?