Question

Desired handset not listed in my upgrade options

• 15 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I would like to upgrade from a sim only contract to a pay monthly contract with a new handset, however the handset I would like - Google pixel 7a - doesn't come up in my upgrade options. 

If I want this handset, do I need to start a new contract? Will I have more upgrade options once I reach the end of my 12 month sim only contract? 

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you called the iD sales team to discuss your upgrade options @HelYo

Contact sales on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @HelYo,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that the information that @andewhite provided helped.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Thanks both.

Just sharing incase it helps anyone else - 

The phone number shared took me through to a sales team who did not hold my ID mobile account details and then transferred me to Carphone warehouse/Currys customer sevice. My account was purchased directly with ID mobile so this wasn't the sevice I needed.

I have since spoken to someone via ID mobile live chat on my laptop (unavailable on my mobile) who was able to help. Unfortunately the handset I would like is not available to me as an upgrade so I will need to purchase the handset as a new ID customer and loose my mobile number in the process, or, go with another provider to get the handset I want to be able to keep my number, or, opt for a different handset from my upgrade options to keep my number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @HelYo 

I’m sorry to hear that, upgrades would be able to be done by both our iD Mobile sales team and the Currys/Carphone Warehouse sales teams, however should the device you wanted not be available unfortunately that cannot be changed.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?