Solved

Diagnosed Severe Sleep Apnoea and Heart Failure & Missed payment for £3.24. Not even a bill sent???

Hello.

In Mid January 2022 I got diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnoea (With Evidence). I was under a sim contract with ID Mobile from December 2021 but only a month contract and can leave at anytime after that first month contract ended. I stayed with ID Mobile because my previous provider had problems with where I live and the Virgin Sim was in between two mobile masts and there was a problem with one of the masts and when my Virgin Mobile Sim connected to that particular mast I would lose service or the reception was very poor. I decided to change service providers and came onto ID Mobile. I would lose reception with ID Mobile also quite often during phone calls and some of these calls were important, Hospital, Drs ETC. It got to a point when it really started to annoy me. I wanted to speak to an actual person as regards the problem, but could not find any way on the ID Mobile website to do this, no link or number I could contact. It was a difficult time for me with the Sleep Apnoea and stopping breathing in my sleep 400-500 times per night and of course waking up the same amount of times, without realising I was waking up. For weeks and weeks with severe sleep deprivation, unable to think clearly, total brain fog, so tired and exhausted all the time.

Reading was out of the question because I would forget what I have just read in seconds and even overdosed on my medication quite a few times, because I would forget that I had taken them only a few mins ago. I was also forced to stop driving my car and had to report the Sleep Apnoea to DVLA. I contacted Virgin Mobile again and asked if the problem with the mast had been resolved and was told that the fault with that particular mast was now resolved, so I reverted back to the Virgin Sim and the problem was resolved when I made calls to check. I decided to stay with Virgin Media and cancel my ID Mobile contract. As I have been taught, I removed the Direct Debit for ID Mobile from my bank and genuinely thought that was it. I have been in bed for 14 weeks now and decided to check my Credit Score as it was perfect. I was gobsmacked, I had a missed payment. I frantically scrammbled to find out why I had a late payment and who the payment was for. I found it was ID Mobile for £3.24. I was shocked and gobsmacked that I had been given a 'missed payment' on my Credit Score, just for £3.24.

I received no email asking for payment, no letter either. The very least that ID Mobile should have done was to send me an invoice for payment via email and I would have paid right away. The worst thing is, It was only 11 days late, just 11 days for £3.24. When I found out, I logged onto the ID Mobile website and paid the measly £3.24, instantly. I make that £3.24 in just 5 minutes at work. It's nothing to me. Why didn't ID mobile send me an email requesting the payment? If I had known I would have paid right away. This is something that other companies do, they contact the persons owing money for a service but not ID Mobile, and this is so very wrong of ID Mobile. I had a soft search done on my Credit Score for another service and was refused. I could not understand it, why? That is why I checked my Credit Score. I need this missed payment removed from my credit score because it's badly hurting my credit score.

I wanted to buy better equipment to treat my Severe Sleep Apnoea, much better than the NHS equipment, and more modern and was refused the credit because of the missed payment. Now I have no choice but to have the NHS equipment, but having to wait  because of the severe backlog that Coronavirus brought to the NHS. There is a HUGE backlog for this equipment and have to wait my turn. The equipment is very expensive that is needed. Just why don't ID Mobile send a simple email asking for payment when most other companies do? Now I have found out that it is Heart Failure that has caused the Severe Sleep Apnoea and this ridiculous missed payment has added greatly to the stress I am already under. I am having tests to find out how long I have left to live. It could be 10 years or much less. Please ID Mobile remove this from my credit score and let me get this equipment that is so badly needed for my health. My wife has typed this out for me because since Severe Sleep Apnoea and Heart Failure, my memory is awful, grammar is also awful now. I am not asking for pitty, just understanding! Please Help @Will @Mohammad! Help me so I can get the expensive equipment that I need!!!

If evidence is needed, I will duly send this.

Please try and understand and thank you for reading this!!!

icon

Best answer by Rory 4 May 2022, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I'm not trying to be cruel with this reply or rub salt into your wounds, but your medical condition doesn't exempt you from paying a bill on time (unless you die and even then your estate is liable up to the point of death). You had a minimum commiment term of one month, but that just means you're free to leave after that one month minimum term is completed. You still need to provide iD Mobile with adaquite notice as per the terms and conditions you agreed to.

Your iD Mobile bills are viewable and downloadable online via your iD mobile account using the web or app. Bills are not sent in the post anymore. My credit cards, bank statements, rent statements, phone, broadband, electric and gas bills are only accessable online now. It is what it is! I only get an email from iD Mobile and Vodafone informing me that a bill has been generated and how much for. The others, it's up to me to keep track! 👀

It's unlikely iD Mobile will remove any default from your credit file as you were late making the payment. iD Mobile are legally obliged to provide the credit reference agencies with accurate information. Anyway, sit tight and someone from the iD Mobile team will respond to your post but expect a wait time of 2-3 days. They will be able to look at the account and maybe they will sympathise with you.

Good luck!

Hello WelshPaul. 

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

You are correct, that is why EVERYTHING is paid via Direct Debit. I canceled the Direct Debit for ID Mobile because I genuinly thought that it was all paid up. If you can understand this serious health condition, it’s like this: Impossible to even think straight, can’t keep my eyes open, even 5 mins is a struggle. falling asleep whilst eating pretty much tells you everything. That is each day every day, just like that. Should ID Mobile have just sent an email just to let me know then it would have been paid by my wife but just had no idea. She is doing her best to help but I have always been the type to look after my own bills, all my life. It’s just that on this one occasion where illness has taken over every part of my life then it’s pretty much impossible. I had no way of knowing there was an outstanding bill because I had not received any email stating so. She is now my nurse and does pretty much everything for me, it is how it is. It’s awful that I have to wait for the equipment to help because there is a long line of people also wanting the same equipment, of course created by Coronavirus. Waiting lists are a year or longer now and it’s out of my hands. The wife has taken over all of my daily tasks, I simply can’t do them. She is my nurse and trying her best. She is not a well person herself. I would have stayed with ID if the network didn’t keep dropping during important phone calls to the Doctors, Hospital etc. I wanted to contact ID Mobile. I could not get onto the help online. I think it said “unavailable at the moment,” but don’t quote me on that. It was something that meant the same thing, I think! I could not telephone them to tell them what was happening with the network because there was no contact number to call. I hope ID Mobile can understand and try and think how life is at the moment for me. It’s an impossble situation. Imagine that you could not spell even the most simple of words, it’s all backwards, even though I have always been excellent at spelling, etc. I had a terrible experience with British Gas some 18 years ago. They drew out £480.00 for a bill that was less then a quarter of that amount, even though I had just left them and gone with another provider. Yes, the final bill was less then a quarter of that amount. It’s taught me a valuable lesson. It took me 6 weeks to get that money back into my account. 

Again, this has been typed out by his wife as Mr SleepApnoeaMan dictated to me what to type. As his wife, I really hope ID Mobile can understand. I even have to get all his pills ready for him to take 4 times a day. 48 pills a day!!!

As his wife, I pay all my bills via the post office. I am useless at this online paying system. For me the internet is a strange place and something I can’t get used too.

Thanks for getting back anyway WelshPaul, much appreciated!!!

Userlevel 1

So sorry to read of your horrible experience.

I hope they do the right thing and correct the damage they have caused on your credit file.

Alternatively, however, you can google how to correct your credit file and get the credit agencies to remove the adverse imprint directly.

Going by the very many stories here, I think ID Mobile need to very seriously improve their customer care. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @SleepApnoeaMan, sorry to hear about this. When requesting to leave, we do send a text message that outlines the next steps, including the date of the disconnection. As you pay any additional charges in arrears, it stands to reason that your final bill would be taken after your disconnection date, not before.

For that reason, we do recommend keeping your Direct Debit active for around 14 days after the disconnection date, to allow for the final bill to be taken. Your bills can be viewed in the iD Mobile app or My Account online, and any of our Live Chat, Facebook, Twitter, iD Community or TrustPilot agents would be happy to answer any billing queries you may have.

We do have a legal obligation to accurately report credit history to the relevant bodies. Of course, there are certain circumstances in which we can make reasonable concessions, and I’d say this is one of them.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 4

Shudda paid the bill 

Why iD Mobile?