Question

direcr debit

• 20 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I opened an account with Id mobile on 5/11/22 it said payment was to be paid 18th of each month and the payment still hasn’t been taken for this month but it says payment was received on 17th November but I’ve checked my bank and it still hasn’t gone out. It says next bill date is 18th of December and says the bill period was 5/11/23-3/12/23 so if my first payment isn’t till December then I’m completely confused but I have other bills that will be coming out from 22nd of this month and I don’t want the money that’s in their now to be used by something else like some other bill and then their isn’t the money their to cover the direct debit. Anybody know what I should do cause I don’t understand I’d mobile it’s very confusing. Thanks 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Direct debit payments can only be made on weekdays @Amy Little
If your Nov payment was due on Saturday 18th Nov, it would not be collected by iD until Monday 20th Nov.

If you have an iD online account, you can change the payment date to something more suitable.

This article explains what happens when you change your Direct Debit date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amy Little 

If your payment date falls on a weekend, it may charge on the nearest working day, if a payment fails, we’d typically send you a text to let you know.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Amy Little 

If your payment date falls on a weekend, it may charge on the nearest weekday, if a payment fails, we’d typically send you a text to let you know.

Tom

Hey @Tom, doesn’t the payment change to the nearest next working day after the payment due date?

The UK direct debit scheme seems to stipulate payments cannot be made at weekends, nor on Bank Holidays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @andewhite 

Correct, I’ve adjusted my post to read “working day” not “week day”.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?