Question

direct debit

• 10 April 2022
  • 3 replies

My direct debit says it’s been taken but no money comes out of my account even though there is money in there 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Itssarah, direct debits are only taken by iD Mon-Fri, excluding bank holidays.

If you looked in the iD app or My Account over the weekend, then things might have been out-of-sync.

If the date your direct debit is due falls at the weekend or on a bank holiday, the payment will be taken the next working day or a few days later.

Good luck. 

Hi yes I assumed this would be the case but it’s now a couple days later and the money still hasn’t left my account! It does this most months and I am confused to why, I checked that all the details are correct , but now I am unsure of what to do. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Itssarah, seems the iD billing systems are unpredictable.

If your direct debit (DD) payment is being collected by iD each month, even though several days later than expected, there shouldn’t be an outstanding payment amount. Why do you need to do anything?

I pay by DD and get a monthly SMS from iD telling me:

The crucial phrase being “… taken on or around …” - and remember a DD can never be taken before the due date. Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?