Direct Debit fraud

• 20 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Received the same letter as many, a direct debit taken out using my name and address but not my bank account details.

Had a chat conversation that lasted about 25 minutes, where I supplied the action fraud crime number and my details - which they already have on the fraudulent account.

At the end I was told the investigation would take up to 30 days, when I asked if they wanted the mobile number from the direct debit letter that would point them to the account the chat window was abruptly closed… no reference number given for my complaint.

Is this normal?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you can, I’d suggest contacting the iD social media customer support team privately by using Facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).

Otherwise, wait here for the iD staff to read your post.
Normally iD staff read forum posts once a day, although sometimes it’s less frequent.

I’ve not logged onto FB in ten years and never had a Twitter account… I’m old (ish).

Thanks for the reply, apologies for the arsey tone but a wasted sunny morning is pissing right on my chips :(

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m not iD staff, so no worries.

Someone from iD will sooner or later reply to your post here, but Facebook or Twitter would be a quicker route, or persevere with iD live chat (which IMO is a lottery).

Good luck @Jon1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jon1,

Hopefully you managed to get some help with this.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Hi Kash… no, I’ve heard nothing at all.

Further assist me, please.

Jon

Kash,

just received the final demand letter for the account opened in my name… guess no one is looking into this yet?

Apparently you’ll disconnect the handset if it’s not paid… which it’s not going to be, but they’ve already robbed your handset.

If you want the account number, telephone number associated with it or the crime reference number I reported this issue on… please get in touch.

Jon

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jon1 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?