Solved

Direct debit not taken

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Like so many others, I have just logged in to my ID Mobile account and I see a notice informing me that I have an outstanding balance? My direct debit is setup and active and the account has available funds but ID Mobile have not requested any payment to date?

What is going on? It clearly shows on the bill that the direct debit will be taken today or immediately after and yet my online account informs me that my account is now overdue? I hope my credit report doesn’t get any late payment markers listed against it for this month!

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 2 July 2021, 10:02

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

So I have just checked my other ID Mobile account (I have two):

Payment was due to be collected on or immediately after Tuesday 15th June.

My ID Mobile online account shows that payment was made on the Tuesday 15th June under payment history:

The direct debit was actually requested and taken on Thursday 17th June:

So it looks like it's common practice for ID Mobile to request the direct debit a couple of days late. Can you confirm that this has no negative impact on our credit reports?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @WelshPaul 

We’ll meed to take a look at your account to find out why you are seeing the message about an outstanding payment

The second account payment looks to have been taken OK; Direct Debits would be taken on or just after the scheduled payment date.

Direct Debits taken a little after the payment date are usually due to the date of payment falling  on a weekend or bank holiday, however in this instance the payment date was due on a Tuesday, so we’ll question the requested payment date with our Billing Team.

With regards to your credit file, late marks are only applied if a payment is late by more than 30 days. 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The second account payment looks to have been taken OK; Direct Debits would be taken on or just after the scheduled payment date.

Direct Debits taken a little after the payment date are usually due to the date of payment falling  on a weekend or bank holiday, however in this instance the payment date was due on a Tuesday, so we’ll question the requested payment date with our Billing Team.

With regards to your credit file, late marks are only applied if a payment is late by more than 30 days. 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

My information is correct, both Direct Debits have been setup and are currently active. Also, my account does have available funds. This is not the issue…

The first account (second bill shown in my original post) although now paid, payment was requested and taken two days after the scheduled date although as yourself and I point out above; Direct Debits can be taken on or just after the scheduled payment date and thats OK.

What is confusing and not OK is having a big notice informing me (as politely as you can) that I haven’t paid my bill and that I should do so now in the form of a manual payment.

While i’m confident that the Direct Debit payment for the second account (first bill shown in my original post) will be collected (although later than the date stated on the bill), I just wanted to make sure that the service isn’t going to be restricted and more importantly, no late payment marker is placed on my credit file. It shouldn’t based on the information you provided in your response above. 🤞

As a precaution, I will respond to your private message shortly. 👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Having just signed in to the account that was showing an outstanding amount; it now no longer shows the banner and the payment is now showing as being received.

I’m not sure if it’s because I responded to your PM and your billing team have looked at my account, or if ID Mobiles backend system is just slow to update and is now processing the direct debit. Either way, thought I would provide an update just in case it’s the latter and your billing team think i’m crazy! 🤪😂

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

To provide an update for anyone that stumbles across this thread further down the road the direct debit was finally requested today (2nd July 2021). For some strange reason ID Mobile are submitting requests for payments late...

If the payment was taken today then ID Mobile initiated the request for payment on the 30th June 2021 as a Direct Debit works in the following way:

• Working day 0 (submission): A message (e.g., a payment request) is submitted to Bacs between 7:00am and 10:30pm. Bacs then distribute this request to the relevant parties overnight.

• Working day 1 (processing): Having received the message at 6:00am, the relevant parties prepare to respond. For example, your customer's bank would prepare to debit their account.

• Working day 2 (action): All parties take the action required. For example, your customer's bank would debit their account, whilst your bank would simultaneously credit yours.

Anyway, if your direct debit hasn’t been requested I recommend that you hold of making a manual payment until at least three working days has passed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers for sharing @WelshPaul.

That’s really helpful for others to know the timelines and like you say, will prevent double amounts being taken if somebody rushes to pay manually.

Will

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

ID Mobile continue to fail to take direct debits on time each month and I am still seeing banners on both my accounts (and my wife’s account) each month, informing us that we haven’t paid our bills:

I understand you can’t discuss my wife’s account. I’m just mentioning it as it’s clearly not just an issue for me! She was due to have a direct debit payment taken on the 25th (Saturday), and as direct debits don’t get taken on a Saturday, the payment should have been taken yesterday (Monday 27th) but as of today, no payment taken. She too had the banner as shown above on my account up until yesterday but it has since been removed from her account.

Back to my account.. The direct debit is due to be taken today and yet I have notices all over my account telling me to pay? Now, I’m confident that this isn’t down to the billing issues reported by others in the community. Those complaints are about notifications (emails) and about being unable to login to their online accounts. I receive no notifications about failed, cancelled or missed payments.

I hope ID Mobile improve their billing system as it makes managing my bills difficult and risks a damaged credit report operating billing this way! 😔

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s got to be frustrating @WelshPaul,

With customer service being online only, you’d want your service provider to deliver 100% reliability or at least 99.999% reliability. Unfortunately iD have dropped the ball recently - hopefully lessons will be learned and systems improved.

I’ve had exactly the same issue as WelshPaul’s wife, with payment due on 25 September still not having been taken. My Direct Debit has functioned perfectly well for IDMobile for years and there are more than adequate funds available in my bank account. What a palaver trying to log on to my account to see what was happening, being constantly logged out. It’s no use having only online customer services if they don’t function reliably. Several hours of my life that I won’t get back - and still no idea if this has been resolved.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Fedup88, iD have really messed things up in the past couple of days.

Normally, if a DD is not collected, iD will retry 5 days after the original due date.

In all probability though, your DD payment has been processed correctly, which no doubt you’d be able to confirm via their Live Chat service (here).

Seems like a customer’s view of their online My Account is currently decoupled from the back-end view that iD have (of their customer accounts). It appears some behind the scenes work on these systems has caused heartache for many of iD’s customers.

Thanks, @andewhite. I’ll keep an eye on MyAccount & check my bank account for payment.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Fedup88,

We're aware of an issue where some customers have been sent an outstanding balance notification in error. We're working on restoring access to the iD Mobile app so those affected can check their balance as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please follow the link below for the most up to date information:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/announcements-16/customer-notice-collections-notification-incorrectly-sent-out-to-some-customers-45634

@WelshPaul Can you see that we’re attempting to take the Direct Debit out today, or is there no bank activity from ourselves?

Will

Just checked my bank account again & the last payment to IDMobile was 27 August so looks like mybank has not been asked for payment yet. I’ll give it another couple of days - but I don’t see why I should pay by other means when I have a valid Direct Debit set up. The problem is with IDMobile not with me!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

@Will plenty of activity on my bank but nothing to do with ID Mobile (lol).

I have never had a direct debit taken on the day stated on any of my bills (I have two accounts), payment is usually taken 3 working days after the the debit date on my bill and so I expect payment will be debited on the 1st October.

I have had my bank account for over 10 years, have had and still have many direct debits setup, and never had an issue with any other company. It's almost like ID mobile don't initiate the direct debit their side until the debit due date.

Anyway, I will go through the last three month bills (both ID Mobile Accounts) and make a note of the debit due date on each one and provide alongside the date it was actually debited from my bank account in a future post as it may help ID Mobile understand what's going on and track down a potential problem...

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

That’s got to be frustrating @WelshPaul,

With customer service being online only, you’d want your service provider to deliver 100% reliability or at least 99.999% reliability. Unfortunately iD have dropped the ball recently - hopefully lessons will be learned and systems improved.

To be honest @andewhite I don't care so much about online access. ID mobile have been pretty much ok for me (two outages since I joined). I don't want to have to login and monitor an account to check payment has been made for fear of a ruined credit report. I have funds in my bank account, I know any direct debit request will get processed! Now, if I was living hand to mouth, paycheck to paycheck then yes, I would login and do my checks regularly…

I am confident payment will be taken via direct debit but as both ID Sims are used by my children and not by me, they keep coming to me every month saying I haven't paid the bill because of all the warnings on the ID Mobile app. It's just frustrating!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed @WelshPaul, let’s hope iD get all the little niggles in the iD Mobile app and My Account online fixed; paying by DD is normally such a reliable and simple way to pay for a service - fingers crossed.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Here is how my payment history looks with ID Mobile:

Account 1

Jun - Direct Debit due 15 Jun - Direct Debit taken 17 Jun
Jun - Direct Debit due 14 Jul - Direct Debit taken 16 Jul
Jul - Direct Debit due 14 Aug - Direct Debit taken 18 Aug
Aug - Direct Debit due 14 Sep - Direct Debit taken 16 Sep
Sep - Bill not generated just yet

Account 2

Jun - Direct Debit due 28 Jun - Direct Debit taken 2 Jul
Jul - Direct Debit due 28 Jul - Direct Debit taken 2 Aug
Aug - Direct Debit due 28 Aug - Direct Debit taken 2 Sep
Sep - Direct Debit due 28 Sep - Direct Debit not taken yet

Following WelshPaul’s comments of his actual payment dates - my payment has gone through this morning, 29 September. I hope this does not become a regular issue for me - but given WelshPaul’s experience it looks as though it may. IDMobile needs to get this fixed asap.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Nah, my payment hasn’t been taken today. Given how the three previous direct debits have all been debited on the 2nd of each month, I am confident that the payment will be taken on the 4th October. The 2nd is a Saturday, and my bank does not process direct debits on a weekend or bank holiday.

I can however confirm that my wife’s direct debit that should have been taken on the 25th was taken today (29th).

Why iD Mobile?