Question

does ID provide equivalent service to Three in terms of available lte bands, prioritising when congestion occurs?

• 16 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there.

I would like to setup our home interned using a router and directional antenna (with carrier aggregation) pointing at a three mast that has band 1 and 20 available. 

​​​​ID is cheaper than Three so obviously it would make sense to go with it.However I am just wondering, does ID provide equivalent service to Three meaning, all bands that three uses are available to ID on the very same mast or ID doesn't have full access to the infrastructure?

Does Three prioritising it's own customers over ID when congestion occurs?

Is there any internet speed throttling on ID? Related to data usage or period?

THank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Can’t answer but where do you find the mast info.?

We have just one locally [rural], and when I swapped SIM in my router to id from 3, speeds are identical.

Userlevel 1

Can’t answer but where do you find the mast info.?

We have just one locally [rural], and when I swapped SIM in my router to id from 3, speeds are identical.

Cellmapper.net

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there.

I would like to setup our home interned using a router and directional antenna (with carrier aggregation) pointing at a three mast that has band 1 and 20 available. 

​​​​ID is cheaper than Three so obviously it would make sense to go with it.However I am just wondering, does ID provide equivalent service to Three meaning, all bands that three uses are available to ID on the very same mast or ID doesn't have full access to the infrastructure?

Does Three prioritising it's own customers over ID when congestion occurs?

Is there any internet speed throttling on ID? Related to data usage or period?

THank you.

Hello @Nameuser,

As far as I know it should be the same service with no prioritisation (as this would be mentioned in the smallprint surely and I can’t find any word of this).

Unlimited is uncapped and not restricted with the exception of EU Roaming.

p.s. that is a very cool website! Thanks for sharing.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?