Solved

Ear Buds Terms Incorrect - Denied Gift

• 22 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

The terms on the website are as follows;

Step 1:
Purchase a Samsung Galaxy A34, Samsung Galaxy A54, Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, Samsung Galaxy S22 128GB, Samsung Galaxy S23, Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus, or Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra between 09/08/23 - 27/09/23 or whilst stocks last on selected Unlimited data tariffs and receive a pair of Samsung Buds2 (Black colour) worth £139.99, at idmobile.co.uk only.

I have highlighted the word ‘or’ as this makes two separate terms of which either can be fulfilled to qualify. I have just been told my purchase of an s23 does not qualify for the earbuds as I haven't also purchased the correct data plan. 

The terms should be either an ‘and’ or just a comma. This has led into a contract under a false pretence.

Now I am paying more for a contract which I could have had cheaper elsewhere. 

I was offered £20 off my bill which is just short of insulting as I’m technically out of pocket by £149.99 plus the difference between this contract and the cheaper alternative. 

If this can not be resolved, I will be pursuing this through the ombudsman and cancelling both mine and my wife’s contract as we are still within the 30 days opt out clause. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 August 2023, 13:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Interesting point @Dan Lockett - does “whilst stocks last” refer to stocks of the eligible Samsung handsets, or stocks of the offer item (the Galaxy Buds 2)?

Was your chosen tariff one of the eligible unlimited data tariffs for this offer? 
Perhaps not all the unlimited data tariffs shown with the handset were eligible for the offer. 

Hi,

It wasn’t one of the unlimited data packages, but according to the ‘or’, it didn’t matter. I didn’t have to, I just had to purchase one of the phones. 

I think they meant for a purchase of the phone, and for one of the plans, then someone misunderstood and wrote the terms incorrectly. As it’s in black and white, I met the terms, so I should get my buds.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Dan Lockett, I hope you do convince iD Mobile to honour the offer.
It seems you need both a handset and one of the selected unlimited data tariffs to qualify - anyway, I guess it’s good luck or possibly goodbye.

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Dan Lockett,

The “whilst stocks last” refer to the handset.

The data plan is part of the requirement of the eligiblity.

So the promotion runs between 9th August 2023 - 27th September 2023 OR whilst stocks last, whichever is sooner.

The “on selected Unlimited Data Tariffs” is the second part of that eligiblity.

If all stock sells out before the 27th Septmeber 2023, then the offer is no longer valid.

If the 27th Septmeber 2023 is reached first, then the offer is no longer valid.

In your case, you purchased a valid Handset in the eligible time-frame but not a valid Plan. Therefore, you are not eligible.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?