Question

early contract payoff due to unemployment

• 6 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Having just be made unemployed I am looking to cut financial outlay  my upgrade earliest date is 23/7/2023 so a few months away don’t want a new handset just to cut my outgoings anyway I can and stay on a SIM only ID contract with existing number by paying off current contract in full seems like ID don’t help people in this situation anybody advise me otherwise thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, while iD Mobile let you change-up to something more expensive during the contract minimum term, they don’t allow changes to something less expensive.

You’re stuck with your current 24-month minimum term contract until July ‘23 at the earliest.
😐

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You could port out to SMARTY and pay iD Mobile once they produce your final bill. Your final bill will include an early termination fee covering the remainder of your minimum term. SMARTY use the Three network just like iD Mobile so your signal and service will remain the same. IMO SMARTY offer better plans than iD Mobile too with no credit checks and no annual price rises.

Unfortunately, while iD Mobile let you change-up to something more expensive during the contract minimum term, they don’t allow changes to something less expensive.

You’re stuck with your current 24-month minimum term contract until July ‘23 at the earliest.
😐

Thing is I’m willing to pay whole contract up remaining instalments then take out new SIM only contract  they won’t loose out only on any costs outside my unlimited allowance 👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could port out to SMARTY and pay iD Mobile once they produce your final bill. Your final bill will include an early termination fee covering the remainder of your minimum term. SMARTY use the Three network just like iD Mobile so your signal and service will remain the same. IMO SMARTY offer better plans than iD Mobile too with no credit checks and no annual price rises.

And you can setup a SMARTY group plan, which will get you a 10% discount on each SIM if there’s at least 2 members in your group.

👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Forest68,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are struggling with payments and need advice, you can speak to StepChange who are a free to use charity that provide valuable support on people suffering from financial difficulty. You can find information on this here: https://www.stepchange.org.

If you require further assistance or need use to check your account, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?