Solved

Email telling me the service will be suspended due to no payment

• 27 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I have received an email asking me to make a payment as otherwise the service will be suspended. I have a standing order with the bank and never missed a payment. I have just called 7777 twice , where the automated service infromed me that my balance is 0. I cannot log into my account either through the website or the app. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 September 2021, 09:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Agata Sromecka,

Sadly the iD systems that their customers rely on working properly aren’t.

See here and here for announcements about problems with the iD customer facing systems.

Disappointing recent track record from iD, but hopefully lessons will be learned and things will get better. 

I have had the same email it's my son's phone which we use to track where he is when he is walking home from school. We can't risk him not having a phone as he has special needs and we need to be able to get to him if he needs us but also needs his independence. 

I have called 7777 says no payment due, finally got online this morning still saying no payment due, if this was an admin error surely they should send a message explaining this. 

This has caused a lot.of worry and not being able to speak to a person has not helped

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, that’s got to be a worry for you @LisaH.

If things do go wrong you hope it’s handled well; unfortunately iD aren’t doing a great job at the moment.
Being an online only service there’s no way a getting some reassurance at the end of the phone.

You can of course follow-up with iD Live Chat here.
There are real people working 9am to 8pm weekdays (9am to 6pm weekends); to avoid the annoying 24/7 chat-bot, type “talk to a person”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Agata Sromecka and @LisaH,

Thanks for getting in touch. We're aware of an issue where some customers have been sent an outstanding balance notification in error. We're working on restoring access to the iD Mobile app so those affected can check their balance as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please follow the link below for the most up to date information:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/announcements-16/customer-notice-collections-notification-incorrectly-sent-out-to-some-customers-45634

Will

I have had the same email it's my son's phone which we use to track where he is when he is walking home from school. We can't risk him not having a phone as he has special needs and we need to be able to get to him if he needs us but also needs his independence. 

I have called 7777 says no payment due, finally got online this morning still saying no payment due, if this was an admin error surely they should send a message explaining this. 

This has caused a lot.of worry and not being able to speak to a person has not helped

Absolutely Lisa, it must have been a cause of worry for you.

This is what I have received:

Thanks for getting in touch. We're aware of an issue where some customers have been sent an outstanding balance notification in error. We're working on restoring access to the iD Mobile app so those affected can check their balance as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please follow the link below for the most up to date information.

It’s all sorted my end - I hope it is yours:)

Why iD Mobile?