Solved

Employed by ID

• 31 August 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

Are there any replys on the ID Mobile Community from people who actually work for ID, people who know the rules, or is everyone just guessing.

I want to leave ID, within the cooling off period.  It “is easy” it says on their website - just ask our community.

Come on tell me it’s easy.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 1 September 2023, 00:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply WelshPaul.

I clicked this link and I told them it was a sim that I ordered and they said, I would have to talk to them via the live chat.

I’ve tried that 3 times and the chat button never appeared.

I don’t have an account yet, but if I try to register it says they have my details.

Does anyone in the community or at ID know how I can cancel my contract whithin the cooling off period?

Please I need to know.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

That’s because they were closed when you tried. It tells you the following:

“Our Live Chat is open between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.”

They are open now. so try again! 👍🏻

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply WelshPaul.

I have tried the live chat 3 times this morning, and the chat button did not appear each time.

I can’t register with ID because they keep sending the security code, I need to register, to my ID phone number. This number will not be activated untill 27/09/23.

The problems I am having all seem to have been going on for a long time.

I have been very resonable, I have tried to chat with them five or six times already.

I will try the live chat a few more times this morning, but unless someone there can come up with a solution to these ongoing problems then I will be forced to cancel the direct debit in order to protect me and my hard earned money.

Please pass this on to someone who works for ID

I am in the “cooling off” period  and I want my contract with ID cancelled,  and then I should be  handed back to Three.

Thank you for your help.

Paul Kirk

PS

I was getting mixed up with the Chatbot and Live chat last night.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This is a community forum. I am not an iD Mobile employee, we are customers just like you. You might find yourself waiting days for any response from an iD Mobile employee here. If you’re happy to wait, then ok.

FYI - I have just tried live chat and it works for me! It takes a few seconds for the blue chat button to display, but it does show. If you have an ad blocker or cookies disabled then it won’t work (obviously).

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for your reply WelshPaul.

Does anyone in the community or at ID know how I can cancel my contract whithin the cooling off period?

Please I need to know.

@onemeat, not sure what browser/s you’re using, but I’ve found live chat only works in Safari (running on iPadOS) from a private window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @onemeat 

There are responses here from people who work from iD Mobile (myself) however we can’t always reply quickly, other avenues of contact may be quicker.

Given your other posts, I’d recommend the vulnerable customers line for assistance.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/accessibility

If you wish for us to get in touch, please let us know here so we can message you via the community.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I just want to cancel the contract I have with ID. Thank you. 

It seems like there’s a lot of customers having trouble with your chat system, and not getting the information they need, just like what’s happened to me.

Userlevel 1

Please pass this on to someone who works for ID Mobile

I have tried about 12 times to cacel my contract with ID mobile (within the cooling off period) via the live chat, but I never get a chat button appearing on the screen.

I have tried acceping the cookies, which I should not have to, and switching off my add blocker.

Could I please have a telephone number or email address of a manager or someone who can cancel my contract with ID Mobile.

You have sent me an email saying you will take the first payment on 13/09/23 via direct debit.  When I signed up for this contract, on 29/08/23, I indicated that I did not want my contract to start until 27/09/23, as I had to give 30 days notice to my old phone service provider.  Please take note: I have cancelled the direct debit to protect myself and my hard earned money.

@Tom said yesterday, my phone sevice from ID is up and running now.  I do not want two telephone services running at the same time.  It says in your contract summary:  If your purchace was made online or over the phone and you’ve submitted your switching information during the checkout, your switch will happen on the date you selected.

@Tom also said, If I wanted to cancel my contract that I should contact him.  I have replied to his message indicating that I do want to cancel my contract with ID, but I have heard nothing from him yet.

Regards

Paul Kirk

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There is no telephone support at iD Mobile and all accounts/SIM’s are activated at the point of dispatch. You agreed to all these terms and cancelling the direct debit will just cause your account to default. It will be passed on to a debt collection agency and your credit file will be ruined. Even if you cancel under said cooling off period, you will still receive a final bill.

This community forum isn’t live chat and it can take days to get a reply to every post you make, weeks to get things resolved this way.

DM iD Mobile on Facebook or Twitter would yield faster results.

Userlevel 1

@WelshPaul said “all accounts/SIM’s are activated at the point of dispatch.”

This should not be happening, my contract says:  “If the purchase was made online or over the phone and you’ve submitted your switching information during the checkout, your switch will happen on the date you selected. (once we’ve confirmed your order)”

I hope this helps you.

I have a switching date of 27/09/2023, it’s printed on my contract, but they switched me the day after they recieved my order.

A telephone company with no telephone support, that’s Currys. Alexander Graham Bell had a better system.

If you ever need a good stone mason when iD starts sending messages on stone tablets, I’m your man.

Thanks for trying to do your impossible job.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

That’s your port in date. You need an active account to port a number over to. That’s why you get a temporary number. This is how it works on all UK networks! 

You need to read all the terms and conditions of your agreement. I’m not trying to be arrogant or argumentative, disagree with me all you want, it’s your credit file that gets trashed, not mine. 

Anyway, I hope you get your problems resolved sooner rather than later. All this online support only stuff is extremely frustrating. 

Userlevel 1

No, I’m not being argumentive, that’s how I thought it worked.

I’m to old for all this technology it just makes everything harder, with more stress. That’s the end of doing anything online ever again.

How can I set-up the direct debit again?

Regards

Paul

Userlevel 1

They’re asking me to set-up an app now.  I only have a 3G Doro phone, an app will not go onto it.

As I said on my previous text, that’s the end of all this phone, internet and apps business, I’ll shop on the High Street in future where I can see and touch what I’m buying. I was ripped off by a company selling on amazon two weeks ago, so I cancelled my amazon account.

The Internet was fun 35 years ago before the big greedy companies took it over.

I think your job must be stressful because most people don’t understand. I think it’s all made difficult on purpose.

Regards

Pau

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @onemeat,

We have sent you a PM and you can get back to us there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?