Question

error message when switching old number from EE

• 7 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I just tried to switch my old number from EE and I got an error message saying that it could not be transferred because switching numbers on same network is not permitted. Can anyone help? My old SIM has been deactivated which may also be a problem. 
Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’m guessing that the number was originally supplied by Three and was at some point ported to EE or some other network and then EE? When a number is disconnected, it is returned to the original network it was assigned to and put back into the pool of available numbers to be reissued to a new subscriber. I wonder if that is what has happened here...

Userlevel 1

Hi Paul, thanks. This may well be what’s happened. Do you know the best thing to do? I guess it might be easier to go to a different company so I can switch the number….

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What are the first three digits of the PAC? Don’t post the full PAC, just the first three digits.

It must be an old iD Mobile number rather than Three because you can port a number to iD Mobile from Three and any other MVNO that uses the Three network. The first three digits of the PAC will help identify who issued the PAC.

Userlevel 1

ORG

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Interesting… That is indeed an EE (Orange) PAC so you should be good to port it over.

Speak to a live chat agent and hopefully they will be able to arrange the port in request. You can do that here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Roddy McEwan 

Are you still having issues with this?

Our PAC codes begin with “VTM”, a PAC code beginning with “ORG” shouldn’t have issues coming into us, please let us know how you get on.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?