Question

esim

• 19 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Installed airalo on pixel 7. Now only shows airalo as sim1 and SIM 2. I'm not receiving any calls or texts from UK or id mobile. I'm in Vietnam at moment. I cannot make calls either? Any help please ?

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did your iD SIM card work okay before you installed and enabled the airalo eSIM, @Bryan Smith

Yes it was fine. I was recieving texts from id to say I was roaming and to watch out for data charges etc

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What happens if you disable the airalo eSIM, @Bryan Smith?

Does your iD SIM work? 

Have you contacted airalo support?

I have contacted airalo support but no joy yet and I have disabled airalo SIM but id still not working

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you using a data-only airalo eSIM plan, @Bryan Smith

I used a data-only eSIM in my iPhone without a problem - although not from airalo.

After activating the data-only eSIM, I disabled the mobile data on my iD SIM. This setup worked well while I was roaming in non-inclusive roaming destinations.

Yes data only. I would disable mobile data on id SIM if it showed in settings but it does not , it shows airalo twice andewhite

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the Google Pixel doesn’t recognise the iD SIM card is present, @Bryan Smith

Have you tried:

1. Turn OFF your handset. 
  2. Remove the iD SIM card.
  3. Check the iD SIM is okay (clean and undamaged).
  4. Insert the iD SIM card.
  5. Turn ON the Pixel device.

Yes, all of that. I will just have to wait until I get back in uk

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can you toggle the airalo eSIM OFF in the handset Settings, @Bryan Smith

Perhaps the iD SIM card will appear afterwards. 

Tried that as well. Just got two airalo Sims on phone now. Not to worry I will order new SIM for when I get home and delete all airalo or master reset the phone. Thanks for all your help though 👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry my suggestions didn’t help, @Bryan Smith

The airalo help centre advises the following for using their data-only eSIM in a Pixel device: 

Anyway, hope everything starts working properly once you’re back in the UK.

🤞

Why iD Mobile?