Question

eSIM launch date

• 14 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know if ID have any plans to launch eSIM  in the near future (in weeks and not in months or years!) ? There is one MVNO who currently provides eSIM on 12 months plan and if ID don’t have plan then I have to switch network unfortunately. Thank you for your help.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @worldtraveller

Unfortunately we’ve got no immediate plans to launch e-SIM. 

Out of interest, how would you be looking to use the e-SIM?

Cheers,

Kieran

Hi @worldtraveller

Unfortunately we’ve got no immediate plans to launch e-SIM. 

Out of interest, how would you be looking to use the e-SIM?

Cheers,

Kieran

I have Samsung S21+ and I am going to use the e-SIM normally for calls and data :) I got my eSIM instantly from my new network provider yesterday as they match the deal which I had with ID i.e. £6 for 4GB 5G data 12 months including EU roaming. Today is my number transfer from ID to the new provider. So far happy with the customer service and the deal from the new provider. I hope ID realises sooner or later that all new phones are coming with eSIM which is far much better than physical sim and allows people to use dual sim without the hassle ! Now I can use my work sim in physical sim card slot and eSIM for personal and change eSIM whenever I travel abroad in a matter of few clicks! Delighted to leave ID which is still in dark ages in terms of technology :) 

Regards 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Morning @worldtraveller ,

Thanks for sharing the info. It’s useful for us to get the feedback.

Hopefully we’ll see you back on iD some day :)

Cheers,

Why iD Mobile?