Solved

eSim update

• 20 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I've searched support articles but the last update was 5 months ago.

What's the latest with ID Mobile and eSims? I see Three now offer them.

I've just received my Pixel Pro 6 and was gutted to see it arrived with a normal SIM, surely you should be close to offering eSims now as well to align with Three?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 20 December 2021, 01:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Three have delayed eSIM support until 2022 and none of the UK MVNO’s currently support eSIM.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/09/mobile-operator-three-uk-delays-esim-support-again-to-2022.html

Userlevel 4

Not even close to eSIM cards yet from what I've heard. That gutting feeling will be with you for a further 24 months I reckon.

Unlucky Kentucky!

Userlevel 1

Thanks all.

To be fair the phone is awesome so it kinda makes up for the lack of eSim support. So much for sustainability and not using plastic hey 😀😀

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I think we are at best two years away before any of the UK MVNO’s offer eSIM support. It’s problematic on Vodafone and switching from one phone to another isn’t as straight forward as one may think. There are posts over on the Vodafone forum where people have been left without phone service for a whole month due to eSIM issues!

The delay is so annoying. When I go abroad for a few months I have to have 2 phones, one for my UK sim and one with my local sim 😡It would be so much better to have both sims in one phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Libs 

I appreciate it can be a bit frustruating here. If you have a dual SIM device you can use two SIMs in the phone but an eSIM won’t currently work on our network.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?