Question

Finding it impossible to upgrade

Userlevel 1

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but when I try and process it I get an error message stating that the 1p transaction to verify my identity cannot be processed. I contacted customer services via online chat and was told my billing address was different from my profile address so they updated it.

But the same happened again. I called the bank, and they said there are no blocks on my account and can see ID have attempted to take the 1p but aborted at there end.

Back to customer services and they said I had two addresses on my profile and set them to the same. Tried to upgrade and... the same error message. Contacted them a third time and was told that the format of my address could be the issue. If you look how you edit it in your profile, the number and street name are on separate lines and nowhere to add the village before the town (as it shows up with my bank). I tried editing a couple of times but the same result, it refuses to go through.

I've spent several hours back and forth with this over the last week and am running out of ideas. What can I do, the online chat/complaints never resolves the issue.

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’d need to tell the chat team you want to make a complaint, and ask them for your complaint reference number.

The iD complaints team might then fix the issue, with your address mismatches, allowing you to upgrade (eventually).

Could you find a better deal with another mobile service provider?

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I popped into Curry's and the guy there sorted it all out. He couldn't see the issue, but when I used chip and pin for the ID verification all was good. He also did me a good deal!

Only thing now is I can no longer log into ID app or website to view my dashboard, though it seems that system might be down.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like a result - was it an upgrade or a completely new contract?

And yes, iD’s My Account system is bust at the moment.

Userlevel 1

Was an upgrade, but I chose the opportunity to get more data as well. The in-store deals were better than the 'upgrade' deals that ID were showing online, and the sales assistant knocked me some money off accessories too. 

Really good experience to be fair, couldn't have been more helpful.

Why iD Mobile?