Solved

[Fraud] account has been opened on my name

Hi,

Today i have opened an account in clearscore to check out credit ratings but I’m seeing default account has been opened on my name a year before. I never applied anything from ID mobiles.

The address it’s showing for account opened, i never lived over there.

I need to close asap not to affect my credit score.

can someone  please help me on this?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 March 2023, 15:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Can someone can help me on this ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @singh1989, best to send your enquiry to iD Mobile’s social media customer support team by private message on facebook (using Messenger), or send them a DM (direct message) on Twitter.

Also, report the fraud to Action Fraud online:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting-fraud-and-cyber-crime

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @singh1989,

Sorry to hear that.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview
We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Firstly trying to contact someone is awful at ID mobile!

I haven’t an account with you. I’ve now signed up with you to access your help page to contact you but this hasn’t worked!

I have a Clearscore by equifax account that warns me if fraud under my name has happened. I have had a warning a new account has been set up under my name. I haven’t done this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Volkswagen123 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Help. I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. There is no way to email or phone customer services and it doesn’t seem possible to actually speak to anyone at iD Mobile.  How do I go about reporting this and getting the fraudulent account closed? I do not want debt collectors knocking at my door and I do not want this to affect my credit rating. Please can someone contact me urgently. 

The whole company is a Fraud they won't do anything as long as there getting there doller 

yes Gemma, unfortunately that’s the conclusion I’m also quickly coming to!!! It’s a total joke that you can’t speak to anyone.  They obviously let anyone open an account easily without sufficient security checks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rosebud,

We can certainly help if you have further queries.

Please let us know and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Kash - no, you haven’t helped me at all, because your message doesn’t say anything. What was the point of your message???

This is how you can help me:

ARRANGE FOR THE FRAUDULENT ACCOUNT OPENED IN MY NAME TO BE CLOSED AND SEND ME CONFIRMATION THAT THIS HAS BEEN DONE, SO THAT THE FRAUDSTER DOESN’T RACK UP UNPAID CHARGES IN MY NAME AND RUIN MY CREDIT RATING BECAUSE iD Mobile FAILED TO CARRY OUT PROPER SECURITY CHECKS BEFORE OPENING THE ACCOUNT.

Please reply by return, so that I’m not waiting another 5 days for another useless message from an iD Mobile staff member.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rosebud,

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?