Question

Fraud or Direct Debit Cancelled by iD Mobile?

• 1 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I received a text message:
Your bank has notified us that your Direct Debit has been cancelled. You can set a new one up using the iD App or My Account. If there is a balance on your account and you don’t have an active Direct Debit with us, it could lead to missed payments and extra charges.

- I did not cancel my Direct Debit.
- It is visibly planned in my bank account for the next date, as usual.
- There is enough money in my bank account
- The text message came from the “iD” number, which sent me previously legit messages when abroad
- I am in the UK
- I am with iD since 2021, not a new customer, no changes made recently
- There IS an option to set Direct Debit in my account and it seems like it is not set up(?)

What happened? Is this a fraud or real message? How to check if my DD is still set up?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If I was in your situation, I’d contact iD customer support @Zu42.

Talk to iD using their online live chat, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays.

Hey @Zu42 , 

i have had exactly the same message and the bank in question have confirmed they did not cancel the DD and in fact is shows in the coming payments. very strange. iD assistants were not able explain why this has happened and maintain that the bank has cancelled it. i am taking no action at this stage and going to see what happens. i am not setting up unnecessary DDs if i can avoid it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @tennisg,

Only ever make any changes to your Direct Debit via the iD app/account or contacting us directly.

If the Direct Debit is active then this is possibly a text sent in error so you can disregard.

Any issues, just get in touch and perhaps keep an eye on the account closer to the payment date also.

Mohammed

Issue was solved for me. There was a problem on the side of my bank, I received this email:

An update on Direct Debits
Some recent Direct Debits were cancelled due to a problem on our end

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Zu42,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?