Question

fraudlent contract in my name

• 23 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi IDMOBILE, 

I have had a letter in the post saying that I owe £1148 and that this payment has been passed onto my local debt collection company. It is beyond me how I owe you guys so much if I haven’t taken phone out with you guys before. I have been a victim of identity theft. There has now been a default placed on my credit score which is crazy as I haven’t had anything to do with this payment. 

As I still live at home my parent didn’t want debt collectors coming to our house, or there being any credit going against the house which is understandable. So in amongst of contacting the the debt company In order for the debt company to not turn up at my front door I was ordered to start a payment plan. I am not taking liability for the payment I just didn’t want confusion down the line. Who can I speak to get a refund and the default you guys placed on my account off. 

I’m unsure what to do as I can’t get through to anyone. This default isn’t my fault, I haven’t taken out a new phone with you guys, this is messing up my credit score.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Tarique.Cruickshank,

We are sorry to hear that you have been a victim of fraud.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?