Question

Fraudulent account set up in my name

• 19 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have been a victim of identity theft.

The live chat does not work on the IDMobile website and I cannot find an email to contact or a number to call where it is actually possible to speak to someone. 

How do I go about reporting this and get the account closed?

I have already visited the Action Fraud site.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am very sorry to hear this.

Following a report of fraudulent activity on an account, we advise to report the matter to Action Fraud by calling 0300 123 2040 or by visiting 'http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/'. We also suggest that you contact your bank and check your credit report to see if any additional accounts have been opened in your name.

As you already have your Crime Reference number, please can you contact us directly? We will be able to assist you from there - https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-support or through our live chat and iD Facebook/Twitter pages

Or if you prefer we can send you a message here?

Just so you know, you cant use your live chat if you dont know the phone number the fraudster is using.  Your help and support pages are useless for the same reason.  After a two hour wait for billing I finally got to chat online to a human and they are looking into it.

You maybe a bot as you didnt read that I already went to action fraud and got a crime number.

It obviously much easier for a criminal to take out an account than a victim to report one to you.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Just so you know, you cant use your live chat if you dont know the phone number the fraudster is using.

Yes you can, you can insert any UK mobile number of your choosing. Entering the iD Mobile number linked to the account you want to discuss just makes it easier for the advisor as it will bring up said account automatically, making the chat experience better for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just so you know, you cant use your live chat if you dont know the phone number the fraudster is using.  Your help and support pages are useless for the same reason.  After a two hour wait for billing I finally got to chat online to a human and they are looking into it.

You maybe a bot as you didnt read that I already went to action fraud and got a crime number.

It obviously much easier for a criminal to take out an account than a victim to report one to you.

Hey @Stuart1234,

Sorry to hear that you feel this way.

Have you since been able to get in touch to report this or did you still need help?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?