Question

Free Samsung Ear Buds

• 27 August 2023
  • 9 replies

I just upgraded yesterday to Samsung s23 pluss £32.99 and £385 upfront cost, the offer said I will receive free Samsung ear buds with this offer, received my phone today I have not received the free Samsung ear buds that was clearly stated on the website. 

I went for this deal because of the free ear buds. 

Can someone help me with this. 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Vijay Trivedi 

How much data does your upgraded plan have?

Tom

Hi @Vijay Trivedi 

How much data does your upgraded plan have?

Tom

Unlimited data plan Samsung galaxy S23 plus, I've spoken to the online advisor and they have said it's only available on "Selected Tariffs" for the free ear buds they can't tell me what tariff this is available on, but it clearly says unlimited data plan which I am on so I should be eligible for the ear buds

can you confirm what are the Selected Tariffs are eligible for the free ear buds ? 

Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Vijay Trivedi, it appears that to be eligible for the Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus with buds offer, you’d need to purchase the £35.99 per month (£59.00 upfront cost) tariff, or the £37.99 per month (£9.00 upfront cost) tariff. 
Did you choose one of these tariffs @Vijay Trivedi

Unfortunately @Vijay Trivedi, it appears that to be eligible for the Samsung Galaxy S23 Pro with buds offer, you’d need to purchase the £35.99 per month (£59.00 upfront cost) tariff, or the £37.99 per month (£9.00 upfront cost) tariff. 
Did you choose one of these tariffs @Vijay Trivedi

No I haven't purchased any of those tariffs as they didn't come up during when i was searching, this promotion isn't clear very misleading to the customer,

why would they have a picture of ear buds next to phone I am going to buy ridiculous, it shouldn't mention in the promotions bit of my tariff in the first place as that phone has nothing to do with the promotion. 

​​

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry for my typo @Vijay Trivedi - meant Plus not Pro. 

IMO, the iD Mobile online store is confusing. This Galaxy Buds offer does say “on selected Unlimited data tariffs”, but you’ve got to check which tariff is eligible for the buds offer.

Perhaps iD have chosen to promote offers in this confusing manner.

Anyway, if you’d purchased a Galaxy S23 Plus 256GB with Unlimited data at £48.99 per month (24-month plan) and £139.00 upfront cost, you’d be eligible for the buds offer. That would’ve meant committing to spend £1,314.76 for a 24-month minimum term contract.

You appear to have opted to spend £1,176.76 over 24-months instead, for Unlimited data at £32.99 per month (24-month plan) and £385.00 upfront cost. 

If the buds are worth £139 - with your chosen Unlimited data plan, you’ve saved enough money to go get the buds separately @Vijay Trivedi
👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Vijay Trivedi 

I believe we’re in contact with you via a social media platform to see which tariffs exactly are eligible, we’ll update you directly there.

However it is worth noting that the eligible tariffs are marked with a message along the top, offers which are not eligible would not have this tag.

Tom

So many of us appear to have been caught out by this scam of showing the buds alongside our selected tarrifs and then pointing to the small print after the event. Not just on samsung doing it on google too. Hopefully this con trick will in the longer term backfire on @id_mobile-other networks are available, but anyone familiar with how the advertising standards authority deal with this sort of shoddy behaviour? Might be worth alerting them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Iain56,

Welcome to the Community!

Any deals that is eligible for the tariff states that it is included.

If the deal doesn’t offer it, it won’t show on the deal.

Kash

The buds were shown alongside the deal I signed up to all through the process and that has clearly been the case for many others. The tables shown on these Community exchanges show, in yellow on white, which is well known to be inaccessible that far fewer deals have the buds as part of the deal. If they are not part of the deal it is morally corrupt to show a picture of them all the way through the process but have a not v clear get out in the associated tables. Lesson on dealing with ID Mobile duly learnt. Poor from you and I hope that as a company you are found out and it comes back to haunt you 

Why iD Mobile?