Question

Get new phone number

• 19 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi.

I have simple questions

I bought new sim, and released that just upgrade.

So what should i buy to get new phone number ?

Thanks in advance

j.

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Jacek Dzitkowski 

If your just after a new number then it’s a case of just getting a new SIM card as that will give you a completely different number to previous one.

But if you want a new phone but keep your old number then you need the pac code off your old sim.

You can get this by sending a text with the word pac to 65075 and it will be valid for a month and that covers all mobile phone networks.

Hope that helps.

I bought SIM onlydeals i tough that a sim card 

Hi 
I bought sim card and this sim card is with my old mobile number so now i have two sim card with this same mobile number.

Question for milion $ how to buy sim card with new mobile number from ID Mobile ?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Jacek Dzitkowski 

What sort of phone are you using?

Because if it’s a iPhone you’ll need to go to setting's, then to my phone, delete out the numbers that are there and then retype your put your old number in then restart your phone and then you should be working after that.

My I have speak with technical support ID mobile please?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Jacek Dzitkowski 

I’m sorry but I didn’t want to say this in the previous messages.

Well you’ll have to try and get hold of someone via the the live chat link during there opening hours then pray and hope you get to talk to someone that understands what they’re doing as 99.9% of the people don’t understand a thing as I was a customer like yourself till I cancelled my contracts and I’m still having issues with the company.

I’ve been speaking to loads of other people on this community site and now they’re coming back to me and saying I can see what you meant by the hassle you had as they’re going through there own problems and just keep going round in circles but best thing to do is cancel your contract and go back to your old supplier.

This is what a fellow customer had wrote in reply to me and to Tom which is someone at the company.

@Tom @Peter Mills is right,

“”Your customer service is the worst. it's like dealing with useless robots. Every time one contacts you... U give the same copy paste answers from your trouble shooting notes!

The exact same advice regardless the fact that you gave that same advice on the last five communications but you don't know any better and you can't do anything!

It's a a cheap £10/month contract but cheaper 1p/ year customer service!

Sometimes I doubt you even get minimum wage””

@Peter Mills your posts are not spamming, they are more useful than customer service as I ended up following your advice! The only one that works!

Peter Mills

Thank you very much appreciated.

So please prepare yourself.

Best of luck to you.

Peter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jacek Dzitkowski 

If you’d like a new contract with a new number, you’ll want to purchase a new iD Mobile SIM only plan.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/sim-only-deals

You wouldn’t be able to have two SIM cards with the same number, however if you’ve instead upgraded you may have a replacement SIM card for that plan, just in case.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?