Question

GPs connect with help of data.

• 18 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I. New to this community. I am going to this Christmas outside UK to Germany by road. I would like to know couple of questions.

1. As soon as I cross channel tunnel, does my mobile will go roaming if I toggle roaming on from the ID app?

2. If the first step is correct can I connect Google map to stay on their live traffic road. 

3. Do I need to join additional plan for my 7days trip?

Please advice me for this article's. 

Many thanks

Koushik 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Koushik Halder,

Welcome to the Community!

Germany is included in EU Roaming which means that you can use your services as you do in the UK.

You can find further information on EU Roaming HERE.

I would advise not to use services until you disembark in France as roaming at Sea can become very expensive.

You don’t need to join a new plan as your handset will automatically detect roaming once you enable roaming on your iD Mobile account and on your handset.

If you require further information or assistance let us know here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi kash, 

Many thanks for your reply. As per as my understanding...as soon as I will reach France, the mobile will go roaming ( I have toggled out roaming from my handset, correct?). Then I have to on my mobile data to stay connect Google gps on road. 

Will my GPs still run like UK? Also do I need additional data to buy for connecting only to Google GPS? At this moment I am holding 2 GB data. 

I hope you got my nerves ( untill I connect to my GPS) question? 

Many thanks

Koushik 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You only need the mobile data working to get the Google Map data.

The GPS in your handset should work without a mobile data connection - you could download all the Google Maps needed for your journey before travelling, and store them on your mobile phone.

Good luck @Koushik Halder. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Koushik Halder,

I hope that me and @andewhite have answered your question.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

Many thanks for the message. I just need to give some updates. Finally I drove from London to Germany. Roaming system was very helpful. I all time contacted with Google maps. 

Thank you all 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Koushik Halder,

Glad to hear that.

I hope you enjoy your trip and have a safe journey back.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?