Question

Help porting number to new network

• 3 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I am leaving ID as I am out of contract and switching to sim only with Lebara.

I have ported my number over to Lebara, received an email saying the port is complete and followed their instructions on email. 

It's been over 24 hours and still not able to receive phone calls and texts on my new sim/phone. I can make calls and use data, but have been told to wait another 24 hours by Lebara. My ID sim still works and receives all my texts and calls. I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done from ID's side to speed the process up.

Thanks, 

Tom

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tomhumphrey93, the OFCOM rules for this state that the gaining provider (Lebara) are 100% responsible for porting the number from iD to their network.

What’s date & time did you submit the iD PAC to Lebara @Tomhumphrey93?  

Okay @Tomhumphrey93, the OFCOM rules for this state that the gaining provider (Lebara) are 100% responsible for porting the number from iD to their network.

What’s the date & time you submitting the iD PAC to Lebara @Tomhumphrey93?  

Port in date with Lebara was yesterday - received an email from them at 9:53am saying the number had been successfully moved over. As I say, the data works and I can make calls from number, plus send texts. But when someone replies or calls me, it goes to my old phone with my iD sim still. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like a split port @Tomhumphrey93. Any SMS saying the port was completed?

1. One thing worth a try is turn OFF your phone, and remove the Lebara SIM.
  2. Check it’s not broken or damaged, and is free from fingerprint marks.
  3. Wait 10-15 minutes before re-inserting the Lebara SIM and turning ON your phone.

If the issue persists, it’s probably a split port, which means Lebara will need to get things fixed.

Sounds like a split port @Tomhumphrey93. Any SMS saying the port was completed?

1. One thing worth a try is turn OFF your phone, and remove the Lebara SIM.
  2. Check it’s not broken or damaged, and is free from fingerprint marks.
  3. Wait 10-15 minutes before re-inserting the Lebara SIM and turning ON your phone.

If the issue persists, it’s probably a split port, which means Lebara will need to get things fixed.

Thanks for your help,  have tried that but unfortunately still not working. Will get onto Lebara again tomorrow. My iD bill period is 5th Oct to 4th Nov, which is tomorrow. I don't really want to go into another month with iD, as I should be with Lebara by now. Do I need to cancel with iD to avoid being charged further?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yours is a tricky situation but, Lebara must compensate your for each day the port is delayed - these are the OFCOM rules that all UK network providers must follow.

Submitting your iD PAC to Lebara was supposed to initiate closure of your iD plan.

Check if your iD account has changed to restricted access for 6 months - when you sign-in, it will tell you if your account is closed or not.

Lebara are responsible for sorting this out, and must compensate your for each day the port is delayed.

Good luck @Tomhumphrey93

Doesn't mention being closed, still gives me upgrade options and leaving options etc 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tomhumphrey93, if those are screenshots of your iD account taken on 03-Nov-2022, I’d say you’ve got a split port, which Lebara will need to rectify.

If this happened to me, I’d make a complaint to Lebara and ask for compensation for the delay and the wasted time trying to get the issue fixed.

The OFCOM rules are quite clear - once Lebara accepted your PAC (from iD), they’re 100% responsible for getting the job done.

I’m not sure iD Mobile can actually do anything, but you can speak to them via their online chat service https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - the chat agents work until 8pm on weekdays (and until 6pm at weekends).

You can also contact iD customer support on facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Doesn't mention being closed, still gives me upgrade options and leaving options etc 

Hello @Tomhumphrey93,

@andewhite  is spot on here.

The network that the number is being ported into is liable for processing and resolving any queries so there isn’t much we can do from our end.

I hope you’re able to get this sorted.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?