Solved

How can I get my account reactivated and my phone numer back?

• 24 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I was going to leave ID and change to O2 and requested a PAC number to transfer my phone number over. However before the transfer happened I decided to stay with ID and cancelled my contract with O2, I told them that the number transfer was due to happen the next day and they said the PAC transfer would not happen as my account with 02 would be cancelled and everything would remain with ID.

Since then ID have cancelled my account and keep telling me that O2 have my number but O2 have checked and said that my number was never ported over to them and I need to get ID to reactivate it. Ive tried to use the live chat support on ID but they just keep telling me that Ive moved to another provider and need to take it up with them but 02 keep telling me the number is still with ID and they have checked it has not been ported over to them.

Ive tried to order another SIM card and use the PAC number ID sent me which O2 said they didn’t use but the website says it’s invalid and I have no way of requesting another PAC number as my account with ID has been cancelled.

Can anyone help me get this sorted?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 25 November 2022, 13:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you actually use the iD PAC, and submit it to O2 @Ricky Slade?

If you submitted the PAC to O2, and they accepted the PAC you got from iD, your iD number would’ve been switched to O2.

The OFCOM mobile number switching process doesn’t really have a cancel option.

Hi, I've spoken to a few different O2 advisors about it and they all say that the numbers didn't port over to them because they had cancelled my account so presume that mean they didn't accept the PAC? The first advisor said it was 'in suspense' because it couldn't transfer over to O2 but had had since done something to send it back to ID. It's difficult to understand what they mean as I don't know how it all works, all the advisors at O2 have asked for my number and and said they checked and could see the number was with the  3 network which I presume is because that's what ID uses. I've even rang 3 and their advisor said I would need to sort it out either with ID or O2 but keep going round in circles 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you give the iD PAC to O2 by using an online form?

What was the O2 plan you started? - rolling 1-month plan, or 12-month plan, or 24-month plan.

Did you cancel the O2 plan in the cooling off period, or by giving the required notice?

The OFCOM rules for mobile number switching say the gaining provider (O2) is 100% responsible for completing the switch @Ricky Slade.

The company you’ll need to speak to, about your number, hinges on whether or not your PAC was accepted by O2. If O2 accepted your PAC, they’re responsible for switching your number. If O2 did not accept your PAC, iD Mobile are responsible for your number.

The OFCOM rules for mobile number switching do not have a cancellation option. The process is supposed to happen quickly.

Good luck @Ricky Slade

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ricky Slade,

We are more than happy to check on this, however, it does sound like the number would have left our system and gone to O2.

That said, I will send you a PM so we can check this further just incase.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Did you give the iD PAC to O2 by using an online form?

What was the O2 plan you started? - rolling 1-month plan, or 12-month plan, or 24-month plan.

Did you cancel the O2 plan in the cooling off period, or by giving the required notice?

The OFCOM rules for mobile number switching say the gaining provider (O2) is 100% responsible for completing the switch @Ricky Slade.

The company you’ll need to speak to, about your number, hinges on whether or not your PAC was accepted by O2. If O2 accepted your PAC, they’re responsible for switching your number. If O2 did not accept your PAC, iD Mobile are responsible for your number.

The OFCOM rules for mobile number switching do not have a cancellation option. The process is supposed to happen quickly.

Good luck @Ricky Slade

Thanks, ID are looking into it so will see what they say, I did cancel with O2 within the cooling off period and it would have been a 12 month contract, I submitted the PAC number on the online form when I signed up but spoke to them to cancel the day before the number transfer was supposed to happen and they assured me it wouldnt cause a problem.  Never quite sure what accepting the PAC actually means so not sure, the wording their advisors keep using is that the PAC was submitted but the number did not port over because it couldn't as my account with O2 has been cancelled so it remains with ID. I'm not sure if it can't go back to them because ID have cancelled contract too. Like I said it's difficult to understand when you don't work in the mobile world, hopefully will get somewhere with this soon, don't want to loose my number, cheers 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ricky Slade,

I’m sorry for the issues you have had with your PAC code.

I can see that we are looking into this and hopefully we should have answers for you shortly.

Please keep an eye out on your Private Messages as we will drop you a message there.

Kash

Both companies ID and O2 are saying the number is no longer with them and to take it up with the other company. I’m wasting my hours of time trying to get to the bottom of this and getting nowhere but air really want my number back. Has anyone else on here been in this situation before and is there another avenue I could try to get my number back?

Why iD Mobile?