Solved

How can I stop this person from leaving me abusive voicemails?!

• 6 March 2023
  • 9 replies

I have blocked this number on my phone and on WhatsApp and all social media. I have an iPhone 13. 

HOWEVER because I’m with ID mobile they are able to leave me countless abusive voicemails on a daily basis. I am forced to listen to and delete these voicemails so I can listen to my other voicemails. 

I’ve contacted live chat and they were unable to help me. What else can I do? Go to the police? How can I stop this person from leaving voicemails on my phone? 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 March 2023, 15:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s not acceptable behaviour @Dustie - you should report the abuse to the Police.

The telecoms regulator has the following online page about this issue:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/tackling-nuisance-calls-and-messages/abusive-and-threatening-calls

FYI, the iD voicemail service is provided by Three UK, who might be able to help you.
You could visit one of their high-street stores.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You could try turning off voicemail for a few days. I would file a police complaint personally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Dustie

I’m sorry to hear you are receiving abusive voicemails.

I completely understand your frustration, however, we’re not able to stop these calls going to Voicemail despite being blocked.

I’d recommend turning off Voicemail to prevent this and as others have suggested, to contact the Police to report this.

I hope you’re able to put a stop to this.

Mohammed

Hi I have the same issue as Dustie, unfortunately you cannot turn voicemail off even when you toggle the off switch, it automatically switches back on. Please, there must be a way to stop abusive messages being left after number blocked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Maz0010,

Sorry to hear that.

If you have reported this to the Police and have a reference we can change the number for you free off charge.

I can also PM you here to turn OFF vociemail if you’re wanting us to message you here to do that?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed yes I have reported it and have a crime reference number. How do I PM you rather than leave it on a forum? I don't want to change my number just block an individual number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Maz0010,

I can send you the PM to pick this up however, we can’t block a number on the network.

You can either:

Turn OFF Voicemail (and I can help you do this)

Or

We can help change the number (free with the crime reference number)

Mohammed

If I can turn off voicemail please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Maz0010,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?