Solved

How do I actually speak to someone on the phone?

• 27 June 2023
  • 12 replies

Is there a way to actually speak to someone?  I have tried the live chat feature but it doesn’t work.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 27 June 2023, 19:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Is there a way to actually speak to someone?

You don’t! iD Mobile is 100% online. You need to use live chat, DM them on one of their social media accounts or wait a day or three for a reply here.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Please can someone help me with applying for a replacement SIM card. My phone is lost, my SIM is now blocked. Really I just need a new SIM card. Thanks David Burns

It’s pretty rude hijacking another persons thread with a request for help about a completely different topic @davidburns

Ok, thanks, not great, maybe I should have sussed that out before I moved to them!!  Rookie mistake on my part 😩

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gail Bromley 

While we don’t have an active customer services line, we have our community here, the Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter for general contact, as @WelshPaul mentions we are 100% online.

Please let us know here if you’re having trouble with anything.

Tom

Hi Tom, my problem is this, it’s my contract but my daughter has the phone, she has gone on a study tour of South Africa with college, she didn’t quite understand the data/roaming thing and burnt through the £50 spend cap on the contract, which is fine, I loggged on and settled the bill in full thinking this would reset the cap as I owed nothing.  This wasn’t the case, I contacted yourselves on social media and you increased the cap to £75, great, this gave her another £25,  this morning she only has £12 of the cap left, she is obviously not understanding what I am telling her to do so I have now turned off her international roaming to try and keep the £12 as long as possible in case she needs me in an emergency.  

The thought I have left my 17 year old in SA with no way of contacting me is awful, I don’t particularly care about the cost, she is out on the reserves and had limited access anyway but somehow now and then her data just seems to get eaten up by whatever she is doing.  As I have settled the bill I don’t understand what the problem is with resetting the cap, it can’t be because you are worried I will owe you loads of money as I’ve paid it up to date.  Can anything be done about this? I’m so worried we can’t contact each other with the odd text as she is there for another 10 days and £12 is going to eaten up with 6 text messages.

I am happy to put money on account to cover future costs if this is an option?

Hi @Gail Bromley 

While we don’t have an active customer services line, we have our community here, the Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter for general contact, as @WelshPaul mentions we are 100% online.

Please let us know here if you’re having trouble with anything.

Tom

Hi Tom, my problem is this, it’s my contract but my daughter has the phone, she has gone on a study tour of South Africa with college, she didn’t quite understand the data/roaming thing and burnt through the £50 spend cap on the contract, which is fine, I loggged on and settled the bill in full thinking this would reset the cap as I owed nothing.  This wasn’t the case, I contacted yourselves on social media and you increased the cap to £75, great, this gave her another £25,  this morning she only has £12 of the cap left, she is obviously not understanding what I am telling her to do so I have now turned off her international roaming to try and keep the £12 as long as possible in case she needs me in an emergency.  

The thought I have left my 17 year old in SA with no way of contacting me is awful, I don’t particularly care about the cost, she is out on the reserves and had limited access anyway but somehow now and then her data just seems to get eaten up by whatever she is doing.  As I have settled the bill I don’t understand what the problem is with resetting the cap, it can’t be because you are worried I will owe you loads of money as I’ve paid it up to date.  Can anything be done about this? I’m so worried we can’t contact each other with the odd text as she is there for another 10 days and £12 is going to eaten up with 6 text messages.

I am happy to put money on account to cover future costs if this is an option?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The account bill cap of £75 lasts for whatever the 1-month billing period is for the iD account. 
When the new billing period begins, the bill cap is reset.

OFCOM (the telecoms regulator) requires mobile service providers to limit out-of-plan charges in this way, so consumers don’t end up with bills they cannot afford.

Perhaps a PAYG SIM card would’ve been better in this case, because you can add credit to the account whenever needed.

The account bill cap of £75 lasts for whatever the 1-month billing period is for the iD account. 
When the new billing period begins, the bill cap is reset.

OFCOM (the telecoms regulator) requires mobile service providers to limit out-of-plan charges in this way, so consumers don’t end up with bills they cannot afford.

Perhaps a PAYG SIM card would’ve been better in this case, because you can add credit to the account whenever needed.

In hindsight yes a PAYG Sim would have been a better option but to be honest being out on the game reserves I didn’t think she would have any services as that is what we were told, so I was not to worried.  Typical teenager who doesn’t listen, I should have known better.  

I totally understand the need to protect the customer from large bills, this situation just proves the need for it, however I have logged on and settled the bill in full, this I would have thought would have shown there is no risk right now.  I just wanted to find out, based on the fact the account is at zero, if a manual reset of the cap could take place or if I could put £50 on account to cover this, I now have no way of having any contact with her or her with us and this makes me very uneasy.  It would be nice if under extreme circumstances there could be a little leeway, they can see from the phone records she is in SA.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

With the existing iD billing system, the bill cap resets automatically at the end of each billing period.

Unfortunately, I don’t think iD Mobile currently have a way of overriding this in their billing systems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gail Bromley 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I need to pay my bill, I changed banks, so need to set upa  new DD and I don’t know my mobile number (as don’

t have the phone), I gave it to my boyfriend and he has his own sim in it.  I just want to pay my bill

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Paula Jarvis,

The Mobile number will be on any correspondence we’ve sent to you in the past.

If you still can’t find it, let us know and we will PM you here and get this for you so you can make a manual payment.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?