Question

How do I convert to PAYG or get PAC after returning phone within 14 day window?

• 1 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I recently purchased a S23 from currys and ported our old number to it, unfortunately we didn’t get on with the phone so returned it within the 14 day window and got a full refund.

At point of return, we were told that the SIM would be turned into a PAYG SIM, and we could either add credit and continue using it, or get a PAC and swap to another operator.

However, this has not happened - the account is listed as ‘You have limited menu access as you left iD on 14 Dec 2023. You will be able to access this account for 6 months from the date your plan ended.’ There is no obvious way for me to add credit, and the SIM is no longer able to make calls or SMS etc.

We’ve also tried requesting PAC via SMS but didn’t get a reply.

Does anyone know how to sort this mess out? We just want to keep the number, don’t care if it ends up on an iD PAYG or PAC.

Thanks for any help, Rich.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @deludedrich,

Welcome to the Community!

When you make a return a new account would be created under a pay as you go account.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?