Solved

How do i get a second SIM contract

• 10 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, I've just joined ID mobile and I'm trying to get a second sim for my sons phone, however I'm struggling with how to do this, I tried to order it but its telling me I'm unable to upgrade yet, even though this isn't what I'm trying to do. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 10 October 2022, 15:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Vicki Louise Hopkins, in your web browser visit https://www.idmobile.co.uk/sim-only-deals.

Find the deal you want and proceed with your purchase, or buy in-store at Currys or Carphone Warehouse.

FYI, at iD Mobile your iD account can only have one contract / plan / mobile number. You’ll need a new iD account for your purchase (for your son) - good luck.

OK, thank you. I'll just keep him with smarty then, save me taking out a new one and porting his number if I cant add it onto mine. Cheers for the reply 👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

OK, thank you. I'll just keep him with smarty then, save me taking out a new one and porting his number if I cant add it onto mine. Cheers for the reply 👍

If you moved your iD mobile number to SMARTY, you could set up a SMARTY group plan and save 10% on each plan in your group. I guess only potential issue is SMARTY don’t do phone contracts - they’re SIM only.

If you moved your iD mobile number to SMARTY, you could set up a SMARTY group plan and save 10% on each plan in your group. I guess only potential issue is SMARTY don’t do phone contracts - they’re SIM only.

I was on this, but needed a new phone and ID came out on top price wise so I swapped from sim only smarty to ID thinking I'd be able to do something similar, unfortunately not 🙈

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Vicki Louise Hopkins,

We don’t do group/family plans sadly so any new contract needed needs to be purchased as a new plan and follow the steps to bring over your number and register for an iD account.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?