Solved

How do I get notified when my old number has been transferred?

• 12 July 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @iD Mobile 

I’m waiting for my old number to be transferred today (selected day when I purchased SIM card). I inserted the new SIM but obviously has the new ID number (which I don’t want) and can’t register on the app because I’m not receiving the security code.

How will I get notified when my old number has been transferred if SMS are not working and can’t register on the app?

I’m going abroad tomorrow so I need this to be sorted today.

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 12 July 2023, 10:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @victoriaferrer, the number transfer process has started when your old provider’s SIM card should become inactive.

After that, unfortunately it’s a question of waiting for iD to complete the number transfer, which can sometimes take until 10pm.

When I switched my number to iD, the process was completed at around 3pm. 

FYI, iD staff only read forum topics once a day, sometimes less frequently. 
If you want check the progress of your number transfer I’d suggest using the online iD live chat service, or contacting iD using Facebook Messenger, or send them a Twitter DM.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 1

Okay @victoriaferrer, the number transfer process has started when your old provider’s SIM card should become inactive.

After that, unfortunately it’s a question of waiting for iD to complete the number transfer, which can sometimes take until 10pm.

When I switched my number to iD, the process was completed at around 3pm. 

FYI, iD staff only read forum topics once a day, sometimes less frequently. 
If you want check the progress of your number transfer I’d suggest using the online iD live chat service, or contacting iD using Facebook Messenger, or send them a Twitter DM.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays.

Thanks a lot @andewhite I’ll try to contact them via live chat. Do you know where I can find the live chat option? Sorry I’m new to iD.

thanks again!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You need to be patient @victoriaferrer, iD Mobile will tell you the same. If you start messing around with the account while a port is in process you risk causing issues which could take days to resolve.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks a lot @andewhite I’ll try to contact them via live chat. Do you know where I can find the live chat option? Sorry I’m new to iD.

thanks again!

Okay @victoriaferrer, the iD online live chat is at www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

In addition, I agree with @WelshPaul - don’t register for your online “My iD Account” until your number transfer is 100% completed.

Userlevel 1

Thank you both!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @victoriaferrer,

You also get a text to the iD SIM notifying you when a port has completed which is a surefire way of knowing it’s finished.

A quick restart following and should be fine.

You mentioned you’re not getting codes and this is likely due to the port processing. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey @victoriaferrer,

You also get a text to the iD SIM notifying you when a port has completed which is a surefire way of knowing it’s finished.

You mentioned you’re not getting codes and this is likely due to the port processing. 

Mohammed

All sorted now! Thanks 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @victoriaferrer,

Mohammed

All sorted now! Thanks 😊 

Glad to hear that! 😊 

Thanks for letting us know.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?