Question

How do I get to speak to someone rather than endlessly going round the same screens?

• 3 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I am coming to the end of my contract on 14th November.  There was no option to move to a SIM only rolling contract on my notification letter.  Therefore, (having spent hours trying to make sense of the information online) I ordered a SIM card.  This morning I found an article stating that another customer was charged for both their old contract and their new SIM contract by doing this.  I would like to avoid that happening.  Please can someone give me some advice.  I also want to retain my phone number because I use my phone for business.

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’d need to do a triangle port to keep your number @Tracey Phillips
Unfortunately, you can’t move a number directly from one iD contract, to another iD contract. 

You can do a triangle port as follows: 

1. Order a PAYG SIM card from ASDA Mobile, EE, giffgaff, etc.
  2. Get a PAC for your old iD account. 
  3. After getting your PAYG SIM, submit the PAC from step 2) to the PAYG service provider.
  4. Wait a day or two after your number has been transferred to the PAYG service provider.
  5. Get a PAC from the PAYG service provider.
  6. Submit the PAC from step 5) to use with your new iD SIM only account and keep your number.

How about I just cancel everything with iD, including my old contract and my new iD rolling contact SIM card and head to a shop where I can get some real help?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Could be a good option @Tracey Phillips. FYI, the iD terms & conditions state their mobile service is for personal and not business use. 

Unfortunately iD Mobile only offer online help & support - there isn’t a telephone support helpline.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Tracey Phillips you would have needed to upgrade in order to keep the same number with iD.

As @andewhite mentioned, you can perform what is known as a triangular port, but that can be a little long winded.

If you are within your returns period, you can return the new plan, and you can then upgrade your old one, which will mean you keep the number. If you log into your iD account, there will be options available to upgrade to a SIM only plan.

I hope this helps, but if you need anything else, please let us know.

Why iD Mobile?