Question

How do I make use of rollover?

• 23 February 2022
  • 4 replies

I am confused regarding rollover. The first month with ID I didn't use all my 15GB allowance and received some extra data to be used last month but I was cut off after 15 GB.

Once again I have a rollover of about 3GB.

Should I alter the monthly allowance to accommodate the extra rollover amount?

I thought that this would happen automatically but it doesn't!

Can you please advise.

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Topo, rollover applies automatically. The only exception would be if you recently changed your plan; you’d then need to wait 30 days before your rollover kicked in again. 

It sounds like you might be looking at the data allowance that’s set at the phone level, rather in the iD Mobile app. Is that right? Could you share a screenshot with me?

Thank you,

Rory

Rory

Thanks very much for your help.

I enclose 2 screenshots and understand that I just have to alter the 15GB allowance on the phone to be able to take advantage of the rollover.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Topo, yep, so the first picture is on the phone level. Your phone has no way of knowing your actual data allowance, so this is more just a monitoring tool. You could theoretically enter 1 bajillion gazillion GB here, and your phone wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Doesn’t mean that’s your actual allowance though, of course.

Your iD Mobile app will always show your correct allowances. If you’re worried about exceeding your data allowance, you can always set up a bill cap. We also text you once you hit 80% of your allowance, and again once you hit 100%, so that should put your mind at ease a little :)

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks very much. Much appreciated.

Why iD Mobile?