Solved

How do you pay a final account with a debit card?

Userlevel 1

I took out an account in my daughters name, she never set up the app.  She has since departed the UK so I gave 30 days notice.  The DDM was cancelled at this time.  How can I pay the balance of her account, all the payment systems default to my account and all I get from ID is I cannot take payment.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 21 July 2023, 16:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alasdair Macqueen 

We’d recommend the account holder payment any amount owed on their plan either via the iD Mobile app, direct debit that may already be set up or the manual payments line on 0333 003 0001.

It’s worth noting that a person should only create and set up an account in their own name, setting an account up in someone else’s name may be classed as fraudulent.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Sorry but this is just the same advice I have had, that will not work.  The sim is now inactive, so hiw can I create an on line account. Without the online account I cannot pay you. Sorry but whilst your phone service Rick's, your attitude to customer service sucks. Guess I will wait for the debt collectors and pay them the £10.

Userlevel 1

Tom, many thanks for your reply.  Is it possible to give me some advice that does not reiterate the advice already given.

My daughter was coming back from Australia, so I logged onto ID and asked for a SIM in her name.  She could not do this as she was not in the country. Since she does not have a UK bank account I put my account details in for the DDM.

After spending some weeks in the UK she decided to move back to Australia.  She used the SIM and the accounts were paid from my account.

During the time here she did not set up an on line account.

Due to a mistake the DDM was cancelled on this account, we as a family have 3 individual accounts foe 3 different people.

I have received an email relating to the final payment of £10 and despite spending several hours on line and on the phone, your company are unable to take the payment.  If I try any of the numbers suggested it automatically defaults to my account, balance nil and disconnects.

So, how can I pay you the sum owing without having an online account, which my daughter cannot set up as the sSIM ic cancelled and she is on the other side of the world.  Just in case you don’t know, you insist on sending a text message to the SIM to open the account online, which for reasons above cannot happen.

Am I better sending a crisp £10 note to your CEO and see if they can resolve this tricky situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Alasdair Macqueen,

The payment line 0333 003 0001 will work.

You will need to set your number to witheld or private number if you are calling from an iD SIM already (as it’ll detect the number on the SIM).

Then enter the number you want to pay for and you can make a payment.

In regards to the account, paying a final reminder won’t cancel the account.

If this is a contract it still needs to be cancelled.

Can you just confirm, is the contract in your name or hers?

I can PM you here if you’d like so we can check the account, advise on making a payment and help cancel if not already done.

If the account is in your daugthers name though, she’ll need to contact us.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Mohammed, all paid, account was cancelled over a month ago.  If your colleagues told me to withold my number this would have been done ages ago.  Thanks for your help, take care.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Alasdair Macqueen,

Thanks for confirming that.

Looks like the issue was the account detecting your current iD Mobile number you were calling from.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey,  after talking to your chat and agreeing to cancel the account, I have now had a demand for another months use.  When I cancelled I was toild that I had to give 30 days notice, so I did and have paid the bill.

Now it seems that the account was njot cancelled at your end.

So, the SDIM is in Australia, tried to register for my account to cancel.  Your mobile app is not available in Australia.  Tried to go on via PC and this refuses to register as it says it does not know me.

So please help sort this out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Alasdair Macqueen 

If you gave 30-days notice to cancel then your account cancels in 30-days time.

This means the account is still active during this time and bills are produced and due as normal.

This would have been confirmed when the disconnection was raised.

Your account will cancel on the day your disconnection completes for which should have been confirmed to you.

The final bill is then produced witihin 24-hours leaving any final balance to pay.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi, this was done on live chat some 4 weeks ago, I paid the final account with your help now I’m told I need the app to cancel. So the colleague on live chat has done nothing and I’m left upo the creek without the proverbial.  All I want is to cancel this account.  Any bright ideas would be smashing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Alasdair Macqueen 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?