Question

How to block 85222 Deal Alerts

Userlevel 1

Form last two month some messages coming from 85222 Deal Alerts and am being charged each time.

Anyone have any idea how I can block or terminate these?

Any assistance would be appreciated

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

85222 is DealAlerts club go to their website and at the bottom of the front page at cancel your subscribtion add your mobile number and unsubscribe. 

Userlevel 1

I tried but not working 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What doesn’t work? Can you provide a bit more information other than I tried and it doesn’t work.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try sending “STOP” to 85222.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @rutvikpatel 

Have you tried blocking the number or as @andewhite suggested texting “STOP” to the number?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have my overspend limit at £3/month and just started getting alerts that I’d hit my limit despite having unlimited everything (bar premium rate numbers).

I queried it with ID, but they were no help … today I hit £3 this morning for this month, and checked my bill online, only to discover 85222  x2. 

I registered with TPS online AND then went looking for the website. Deal Alerts is setup to easily unsubscribe, unlike the text STOP offer which costs an unspecified amount. Try this link »  https://dealalerts.club/managesub.php

I never signed up to Deal Alerts but did accidentally get registered on multiple websites when responding to a job advert a few weeks back - this was how it must have happened, it’s taken me five weeks to report and block every incoming spam mail since then. ...and I’ve learnt now NEVER to reply to any unexpected weblinks.

Good Luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris Bristow 

I’m sorry to hear you feel we weren’t any help, unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to wipe any premium service costs.

We’d recommend adjusting your bill cap to an amount you’re comfortable with in the iD Mobile app.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Chris Bristow 

I’m sorry to hear you feel we weren’t any help, unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to wipe any premium service costs.

We’d recommend adjusting your bill cap to an amount you’re comfortable with in the iD Mobile app.

Tom

Hi Tom,

The costs I could bear, as I said I had set my cap at £3/month. What vexed me was the operator I dealt with couldn’t help me identify (I would have put ID but that was too easy) what had triggered the spend. It was left down to me to hit the same situation again and to jump straight onto the app and get drilling.

Right now I’m sitting in the contract renewal period and looking with increasing depression at the ‘valued existing customer’ versus ‘new customer prices.

I fully expect to leave ID given the offers I’m seeing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Bristow,

You view your premium SMS charges via the app or your bill.

iD Mobile is not able to provide a refund for these charges as the text subscriptions are signed up to from the user end and not by the network. We're unable to stop these or unsubscribe you to these from our end. In most cases, you will need to text STOP to the number to stop the subscription. Doing so may incur a further charge for sending the text, however, it should stop any further communication from them.

If you did not sign up to this subscription yourself and believe you have been scammed, we'd urge you to first contact the company directly to obtain a refund (and be removed from their mailing lists). There's a regulatory body called the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) who regulate these companies. You can use their website at https://psauthority.org.uk to locate the information about the company.

If you've already contacted the company and failed to retrieve a resolution, you can make a complaint via PSA directly. Please also see the following article which refers to this type of situation: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/im-being-charged-for-unwanted-premium-rate-text-messages it may provide some further insight into these types of subscriptions.

Regarding the deals, unfortunately we are unable to change these as some deals that we offer are for existing customers whereas others are exclusive for new customers.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash

It isn't the money - it was capped and I accept it as money well spent.

ID Mobile are not reading and comprehending my issue is with their support:

You've just provided me with the info I had to discover for myself but only after your NOT-ANY-HELPLINE operator failed me (and yourselves) when I reached out for their help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Chris Bristow,

The cap won’t apply to text subscriptions, only out of plan usage.

Thanks for clarifying regarding support on this.

We do have an article on our Community here: 

This was posted in May 2019.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

It gets even worse doesn’t it?

So you had an article years ago but your own Helpdesk neglected to refer to it when I called in asking for help… 

… at the time I had identified that I’d probably picked up a (fraudulent) SMS alerts subscription and just wanted help identifying it and then I’d be able to deal with it. As I’ve said previously, I had a £3 spending cap in place which was triggered so I called in … the Help simply wasn’t there.

I’ve only joined this forum to see if your online help / responses are any better - so far NO. I don’t care about a refund, I care about TERRIBLE SERVICE

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for clarifying @Chris Bristow,

The Community isn’t always referenced by other Teams though I do agree it should be as it has lots of useful articles available.

I can pass on feedback internally about the service received if you have a chat reference and I do apologise for the inconveneince this may have caused.

I don’t believe I mentioned anything about a refund in my last post but was simply addressing that there is information out there about this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?