Question

How to change the number of time an iphone6 rings before going to voicemail

Userlevel 1

I want to increase the number of times my phone rings before going to voicemail to the maximumof 30 seconds.  I’ve tried various combinations of codes that I’ve found on line but all of them give me a “failed” message.

Can somebody please help me?

Regards and TIA

Phil

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think you’ll find that this time-period is a network provider setting, not something you can set on your device @G3SWH.

This also most likely explains why the codes don’t work on your iPhone 6. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  I’d already read that as well but my network provider is ID Mobile (which is why I posted on this forum) and I can’t see a method of contacting them by phone or e-mail to request this.  Am I missing something here please?

Regards

Phil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @G3SWH, as you’ve discovered, iD Mobile do not support a customised time period before diverting an unanswered call to voicemail. I believe this is a network provider setting, for the particular mobile service provider you’re using (in this case iD Mobile).

All iD Mobile help & support is online, via their live chat service, Facebook Messenger, or DM (direct message) on Twitter. There’s no telephone support helpline @G3SWH.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you need to set-up call forwarding, and are having trouble doing so with your device, you can set it using the short-codes below, followed by the number you wish to forward to:

Capture2.PNG

To make a change you will need to dial *61*123* followed by the number of seconds you'd like it to ring for and then add a # symbol to the end.

For example, to change the time to 15 seconds, you will have to dial the following

*61*123*15#

Userlevel 1

Thanks WelshPaul.  I’ve just tried that and get an error message “Setting Registration Failed Voice Call Forwarding When Unanswered”

Thanks also andwhite.  Armed with your suggestion, I’ve been on to the on line chat support as well and been given a different set of instructions involving entering an 11 digit number, which also didn’t work and produced the same error message.  The agent has offered to raise a “trouble ticket” for me and put me on hold for about 10 minutes whilst he did so but then left the chat without completing it, as far as I can tell, as I didn’t get any sort of reference number.

Regards

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Can you try **61*123**25#

Userlevel 1

Thanks again but I’m still getting the same error message.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Can you try this: *#21#

Do you get the same error?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good luck @G3SWH.

I’ve found it difficult to get meanful technical support at iD Mobile, who seem under-resourced in the technical department.

I don’t think the GSM short-codes are widely supported by the networks and handset vendors these days. The iPhone 6 is also limited to an older version of iOS, now that Apple have stopped providing iOS updates for this model.

Userlevel 1

Thanks again andewhite.  I suspect you are correct.  It seems the trend these days for companies to just want to take your moeny and do nothing to earn it. :-(  Rant over…

Thanks also to WelshPaul.  I tried that and got the exact same error message.  In view of Andewhite’s comment, I don’ think this is worth puruing for such an old model iPhone.

Your comments and help is much appreciated.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’m with SMARTY, an MVNO that also uses the Three network and I have an iPhone (14 Pro - latest firmware). These codes work for me, and so one would assume they would work on the iD Mobile network? It must be an issue related to the handset or old iOS.

Userlevel 1

Thanks again WelshPaul.  I suspect that you are correct about the old model handset.  It was one of the tyhings that WASN’T asked during my online chat session with ID Mobile’s agent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @G3SWH 

Unfortunately I don’t believe there’s a setting we’d be able to change on our side to change the amount of rings a caller to you would have, it’s possible one of the above codes could work but I’m not confident, sorry about this.

Thanks for the help here @andewhite & @WelshPaul.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks for trying anyway.

Regards

Phil

Why iD Mobile?