Question

How to get a PAC when phone has been stolen?

Userlevel 1

My phone was stolen but the phone has now been blocked. I have taken out a new package , still with ID. Obviously I want to keep the same number but can’t get a PAC.

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 3

Hiya, you’re best bet is to call up your previous network and see if they’ll issue a PAC code over the phone. 

Alternatively, request a new Sim from your previous network and then use that to then request your PAC code.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for replying. The problem, as I said I was still with ID, is that I go around in circles: I have a new deal as I thought I would upgrade while I was about it, so they sent me a new sim with a new number and there isn’t a ‘previous provider’ from whom to get a PAC code.

Userlevel 1

PS It is impossible to talk to a person at ID mobile or even use the online Chat option which doesn’t appear on the screen, though they refer to it. Many of their links come up with Page Inaccessible or similar wording.

Userlevel 1

I get this with most of the links: The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. 

My administrator! Who are they kidding?!

Userlevel 3

My bad.

Unfortunately, if you where already an ID customer and didn’t process your new contract as an upgrade then there is no way to be able to move the number over. As PAC is for switching from one provider to another, not for moving between contracts on the same network.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you have a new number then you didn’t upgrade, you took out a second contract.

Regarding your old number, request a replacement SIM from iD Mobile. You won’t be able to port it to the new iD Mobile account though. You will have to port it out to another network and then port it back to your new iD Mobile account.

Userlevel 1

I appreciated your answer, thank you. The problem is that the PAC is texted to your mobile but mine was stolen so I’ll never receive that. They don’t seem to have thought that through.

Under my account on the website my old number still appears on my upgraded account! 

Userlevel 1

You can’t leave ID mobile!! When I clicked on Leave it took me to:

“The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 11359367008449705494”

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can’t leave ID mobile!! When I clicked on Leave it took me to:

“The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 11359367008449705494”

This happens when you try and access the main iD Mobile website while you are signed-in to your iD Community account @Margaret Sheppard, due to browser cookies used with the community site being incompatible with the main iD website.

LOGOUT of your iD Community account before you access any pages on the main iD website, or contact iD Mobile privately on Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM), for assistance with your cancelling your iD account.

Customer support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Margaret Sheppard,

If you require any assistance or information, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I’ve got it sorted now, thank you, though I was unable to do it online: someone in a store did it for me.

Why iD Mobile?