Question

How to receive a PAC from a disconnected SIM?

• 14 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I purchased a phone from mobiles.co.uk, returned it a day later (was too big) and was told my ID contract would move to Pay as You go as i already ported my number,

However my account is just disconnected so when i text to receive my PAC, I don’t get a reply.

Can someone help, I’d be happy to pay to be able to text and receive my PAC number.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t think mobile operators are allowed to charge for texting PAC to 65075 @robertzdifranco

I believe iD currently have ongoing issues processing PAC information, and new iD account registration requests, which means their live chat service is overwhelmed at the moment and you could be waiting days for a reply here 😟

FYI, you can also get assistance by contacting iD Mobile privately on Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

Their customer support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

🍀

Userlevel 1

I don’t think mobile operators are allowed to charge for texting PAC to 65075 @robertzdifranco

I believe iD currently have ongoing issues processing PAC information, and new iD account registration requests, which means their live chat service is overwhelmed at the moment and you could be waiting days for a reply here 😟

FYI, you can also get assistance by contacting iD Mobile privately on Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

Their customer support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

🍀

Thanks for the info, I’ve messaged them on twitter but they told me to speak to mobiles.co.uk, which I’m also trying to do. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I suppose it makes sense, if you purchased the item from “mobiles.co.uk”. 
I guess they processed your return - assuming they’ve got one, what does their online Returns FAQ advise?

🍀🤞

Userlevel 1

I suppose it makes sense, if you purchased the item from “mobiles.co.uk”. 
I guess they processed your return - assuming they’ve got one, what does their online Returns FAQ advise?

🍀🤞

The return has gone through fine, the only stumbling block really was that I was supposed to be moved to Pay as you Go as i didn’t want to be disconnected, but that message doesn’t seem to have gone to ID.

Mobiles.co.uk have got back to me and said to contact ID Mobile… this is going to be fun lol

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes indeed, the “mobiles.co.uk” FAQ on returns (see link) is really very vague about the airtime part of a return, except for saying:

• Advise us (mobiles.co.uk) if you have ported your number.
  • If you have ported your number, you need to contact your network provider to retain a PAC code.

https://media.mobiles.co.uk/tandc/Mobiles_/Mobiles-returns-cancellation-and-exchange-policy.pdf

🍀

Userlevel 1

Yes indeed, the “mobiles.co.uk” FAQ on returns (see link) is really very vague about the airtime part of a return, except for saying:

• Advise us (mobiles.co.uk) if you have ported your number.
  • If you have ported your number, you need to contact your network provider to retain a PAC code.

https://media.mobiles.co.uk/tandc/Mobiles_/Mobiles-returns-cancellation-and-exchange-policy.pdf

🍀

Ahh from reading more I think they have made a mistake by not switching me t pay as you go, might just give up trying to save my number, feels like it’ll be a lot of frustrating conversations,

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile are supposed to convert pay monthly airtime plan to PAYG, so you can retain your number. 

Perhaps get back onto Twitter and quote the “mobiles.co.uk” statement about a ported number. 
I guess it depends on how much you want to keep your mobile number though.

🍀

Userlevel 1

iD Mobile are supposed to convert pay monthly airtime plan to PAYG, so you can retain your number. 

Perhaps get back onto Twitter and quote the “mobiles.co.uk” statement about a ported number. 
I guess it depends on how much you want to keep your mobile number though.

🍀

Thanks I’ll give it a go, cheers for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @robertzdifranco,

I hope that you managed to get this resolved.

If you require assistance please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?