Question

I am trying to join iD but receive billing address error

• 16 August 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to join iD but the ‘confirm identity’ 1p payment gives me the error “Oops, it looks like your details may not match. Please ensure your card is registered to the billing address and name you entered on the details page.” I am certain the details have matched and have tried with a number of different cards and permutations of my name with no resolution. Help!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you manually entering the address details @Alex Bates?

Sometimes it helps to use the online address picker option instead of manually inputting an address. 

I used the automatic picker, yeah. It’s worth noting I had to include 3 addresses of history. I presume it uses the most recent one as the billing address.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re only buying a SIM only plan, perhaps consider using iD PAYG SIM card instead, because there are no credit checks for these purchases. 

By adding a recurring (auto-renewing) bundle to your PAYG SIM, it’s effectively the same as a pay monthly iD SIM only plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alex Bates 

I’d recommend contacting the sales team on 0207 1391 397 to go through the address history, card details etc to see if they can help with this purchase.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?