Solved

I cannot access my account to upgrade, so I ordered a new iD SIM

• 9 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Hi, 

I wasn’t able to access my iD account because my details weren’t recognised. This meant I couldn’t upgrade my SIM contract, so I have ordered a new SIM instead.

However, I am now a bit concerned that I am not going to be able to transfer my old iD number across to this new iD SIM.

Please could you advise?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 January 2024, 13:56

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No, you won’t be able to transfer your id Mobile number from your old account to the new account. You will have to cancel the new plan under the cooling off period, pay the final bill for that account and upgrade the old one.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @happysally, iD Mobile can’t/won’t transfer mobile numbers from one iD account to another iD account.

To transfer the number you want to keep to your new connection, you’ll need to do a triangle port. 

A triangle port is a bit of a faff, and will usually take several days or longer - alternatively, return your order in its cooling off period, and then call the iD telephone sales team to discuss your upgrade options.

Thank you so much for your quick replies @WelshPaul @andewhite !

I only made this order online yesterday, so it hasn’t yet been dispatched - I wonder if there is any way I can stop it in its tracks 🤔

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you so much for your quick replies @WelshPaul @andewhite !

I only made this order online yesterday, so it hasn’t yet been dispatched - I wonder if there is any way I can stop it in its tracks 🤔

You might be able to do so by calling 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours.
🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Unfortunately @happysally, iD Mobile can’t/won’t transfer mobile numbers from one iD account to another iD account.

To transfer the number you want to keep to your new connection, you’ll need to do a triangle port. 

A triangle port is a bit of a faff, and will usually take several days or longer - alternatively, return your order in its cooling off period, and then call the iD telephone sales team to discuss your upgrade options.

Doing this will require the original poster setup a new online account and they won’t be able to re-use their original email address. For the sake of changing plans it’s probably best to cancel and upgrade.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @happysally, iD Mobile can’t/won’t transfer mobile numbers from one iD account to another iD account.

Doing this will require the original poster setup a new online account and they won’t be able to re-use their original email address. For the sake of changing plans it’s probably best to cancel and upgrade.

Yes indeed - although not too much of an issue if you’ve got an active Google Mail account. 

Thanks so much @andewhite , I’ve managed to get a transfer to a new contract via the sales team and I’ll take back the SIM i’ve ordered to a Currys store when it arrives. Phew!

I have registered on the iD app with a different email address- and hopefully my new contract will appear on there once it goes live in the next day or so. 🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks so much @andewhite , I’ve managed to get a transfer to a new contract via the sales team and I’ll take back the SIM i’ve ordered to a Currys store when it arrives. Phew!

Now I just need to find out how to get access to my account - the sales team said I needed to contact iD directly for that. 😳

To avoid the 24/7 chat-bot, type “talk to a person” after connecting on Live Chat.
🍀 

Good tip @andewhite ! But strangely the Live Chat doesn’t load on my screen… so i just went the route of registering with a different email address on the iD app….hopefully my new contract will appear on there once it goes live in the next day or so. 🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah yes @happysally, the online iD Live Chat often appears troublesome.
You can ‘talk’ to iD support privately by using Facebook Messenger, or X (formerly Twitter) DM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @happysally 

Do you still require assistance with cancelling the new order?

Please let us know so we can get in touch here.

Tom

Hi @Tom 

I took the unwanted SIM to a Currys store today and they said that they were not able to cancel it because it is already live. What do I do with this unwanted SIM and how do I get it disconnected?

I also received a second SIM through the post which is connected to my old number - I didn’t actually need a new SIM for that, but I have inserted it into my phone now because the old SIM has been disconnected today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @happysally,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?