Solved

ID are making it impossible to leave

• 6 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve gone round the houses trying to leave. Chat bots keep a generic reply, when I click on ‘leave ID’ I get redirected to a page that is under construction but if I click on ‘upgrade’ there’s no issue!? Called the vmail number. It cuts me off. Tried Twitter- bots are in force there. Have cancelled my DD even though my account isn’t cancelled. Am waiting for the threats. However I have all the screenshots to prove my attempts. 

icon

Best answer by Will 6 January 2021, 14:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Laulauev,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to assist you with your cancellation.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Laulauev,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to assist you with your cancellation.

Will

Thank you 

Userlevel 1

Ahem. I’m still waiting for that elusive reply I was assured that I’d be receiving, to help me out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Laulauev 

My Colleague Will has sent you a Private Message regarding this, we would advise responding back to the message so we can help you with this.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I’m still awaiting a reply to my message 

Userlevel 1

I’m still awaiting a reply to my message 

Here’s a way to get their attention: cancel your DD and see how fast they reply then , full of threats. It’s been two days since I’ve been trying to get hold of them to cancel my contract (within my rights). It’s really really bad customer service. I’ve literally tried everything. Good luck ! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Laulauev,

We can see that your question has been resolved via our PM conversation.

Hi @toms96, which message are you referring to sorry?

Additionally, we would not advise cancelling a Direct Debit as this may negatively affect your credit score in the future if bills have been missed

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I have tried cancelling for such a long time and then got through to live chat.  I requested to cancel on 13 August 2019.  I then realised I was still paying the direct debit in November so cancelled.  I then received a letter from them saying I owed money (the other way round actually).  I tried to get in touch through every way ie email, on line account (which says contract ended more than 6 months ago) so click here to contact us - you cannot, live chat which went to automated, telephone.  No joy with any of it.  I have now received requests for more money from Lucas Credit Services saying 

We refer to previous communications. We raised your query with our client and have now received their response.

ID Mobile have advised that you did contact Customer Services on the 13th August 2020 through ‘Live Chat’ for disconnection, but you ended the chat, therefore the disconnection has not be actioned and the account remains active.

If you would like to cancel the services you should contact ID Mobile via live chat at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat and provide the 30 day notice period.

There is a balance of £58.50 on the account for which £39.00 is overdue for the November 2020 and December 2020 invoices. The January 2021 invoice has a due date of the 1st Feb 2021, which you are liable to pay.

If we do not hear from you within the next 10 days, further collections activity may be considered, which could include emails, calls or letters, where appropriate.

We look forward to your response.

Why would I contact then for disconnection and then end the chat.  This makes no sense.  Why did they not follow this up.  They have had their money in the September and October payments so actually owe me money.

I am not being asked to prove that I cancelled this but how can I as I cannot get on to anything and its in their live chat which they admit receiving.  This is causing so much stress.  I have contact Citizens Advice and waiting to hear back.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Jooboo.

If we can see from notes on the account that you had been in touch last year to discuss a disconnection, then we may be able to honour that request in this case and waive bills generated since that theoretically should not have existed.

In order for us to investigate this further though we’ll need to take some personal details to locate your account so we’ll send you a private message on here now.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Why iD Mobile?