Solved

ID Customer, keep number on new contract.

• 16 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I recently purchased a black Friday deal through USwitch on a Google Pixel 7 Pro and with ID. The deal is/was Google Pixel 7 Pro in Obsidian, Unlimited Minutes and Texts and 100GB of data for £9 Upfront and then £35.99 per month after on a 24 month contract.

I am already a customer with ID but could not find this particular black Friday deal anywhere on IDs website to consider just upgrading first so I placed the order through USwitch to get the deal.

I would like to keep my original number but I am not sure how to do this now having two ID SIM cards. I also can only view details in app from my 'old' account and not for my new contract purchase.

Any help would be much appreciated as I would like to keep my original number that I know by heart and that so many people/businesses have saved under my name. I am sure this isn't the first time someone has been in this kind of dilemma?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Emma

icon

Best answer by andewhite 16 November 2022, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @EmmaKitkat27, sound like you’ve ended up with two iD contracts.

You can’t move a number from one iD account to another iD account.

Your only option is to port the number you want to keep away to another service provider, and then port the number you want to keep back to the iD account to plan to keep using.

You’ll also need an iD My Account online for both iD contracts, if you want to manage them online, or using the iD app.

Good luck @EmmaKitkat27.

Ok @andewhite , so my understanding is that I can obtain a pay as you go type SIM that is not ID to port my old number to, close the first ID account and then port my number back from the pay as you go type SIM to the new ID account?

I just don't know how it's managed to make two with all my exact same login/payment details. Is my new account likely to show up in the ID App once I close my old one?

Thanks for the fast reply as well, much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Emma 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes, that’s correct @EmmaKitkat27.

At iD Mobile you need to register each contract (mobile number) online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk, to get your My iD Account for the contract.

You can’t have more than one contract per My iD Account online.

If you use a PAC to move the number you want to keep from iD to a PAYG plan elsewhere, your iD account will be closed when you give the PAC to the PAYG service provider. No need to cancel anything.

Good luck @EmmaKitkat27

That's great @andewhite , thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @EmmaKitkat27,

It looks like @andewhite  has answered this one but if you still need help or support give us a shout here!

Mohammed

Hello @Mohammed ,

Thanks for following up. I have decided to keep my new number as it turned out to be just as easy to remember.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Emma 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@EmmaKitkat27,

No worries, if you do need any further support we are here to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?