Solved

ID have not unblocked my lost and found phone

• 13 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I have now asked not once, or twice but THREE TIMES to get my previously lost OnePlus 7 phone unblocked.

The phone was originally lost in August 2022, I replaced it and reported it lost to ID who blocked it for me.
(great!)
It was then found and returned to me in September 2022 and around that time, I asked ID to unblock the phone via a web chat.

As it was a spare handset, I didn’t even have a SIM in it so I assumed it was unblocked as requested. It turns out the phone is still blocked.
I put a new PAYG ID SIM in it on Friday last week, the phone would not connect to the mobile network.

I asked for the second time for the phone to be unblocked, via web chat - this was confirmed done no Friday and I was told it would be active “within an hour”.
3 hours later, it’s still blocked.
So I open another web chat, asking for the THIRD time and I was told that the first attempt last year got “cancelled” with no explanation or notification, the second attempt failed (no reason given and not notification to me) and that this, the third attempt should be successful in less than “fifty minutes”.

It wasn’t, my phone is STILL BLOCKED.
This is really shoddy support from ID.

1. Why is this unblock process failing?

2. Why as an account holder, would I not be contacted by ID support to tell me that there was a problem with the unblock process?
3. When is this going to be resolved? Because of ID, I have a good phone that is useless since September 2022!!!

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 March 2023, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @sidkn33,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with unblocking your handset.

We’ll need to check the account and requests raised to find out why you’ve had trouble unblacklisting this.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?