Question

ID Mobile Amend Credit File

Hi there,

A few years back I got a phone contract for a friend. Sadly last year my friend passed away, i called a few months after this had happened as it was a lot to deal with. I was informed by a member of your staff that i could cancel the direct debit and that everything had been sorted. I have recently been interested in making an investment and noticed that ID mobile has put a load of missed payments and a default on my credit record. I have tried contacting through the chat bot several times to no avail and tried using the ‘make a complaint online’ service only to never speak to anyone helpful. I even paid the outstanding balance as a good will gesture so that your company may accept that this whole situation was down to a miscommunication between myself and a member of your staff. I would like the marks removed from my credit record so i can continue with my investment.

How do i speak to someone that isn't just going to send me the same message as if it were being read from a script?

Is there a phone number i can call to escalate my complaint?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline.

Your options are to get in-touch using their online live chat service, or contact iD privately by sending them a private message on facebook, or Twitter.

The agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends (and bank holidays).

If you’re the iD account owner and have missed payments, I don’t think iD can undo that fact with any credit reference agencies.

I wasn't aware that there were payments to miss as I was informed by a member from ID mobile that everything was cancelled. My issue is why has a member of staff confirmed a cancellation of contract and yet the company has said otherwise on my credit file.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m not an iD member of staff @Cleggy, but their online help articles do say cancelling the direct debit for an iD account only stops the payment method linked to the account - it doesn’t cancel the contract.

It’s possible the member of staff you ‘spoke’ with at the time didn’t cancel the iD account as stated, but did cancel the payment method (direct debit) for the account. 

For iD’s complaint procedure, see https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Cleggy 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?