Question

ID Mobile application

• 18 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I applied for two mobile phone with ID mobile via CPW.  One for my wife and one for me.  The application didn’t say that you couldn’t apply for two.  After a couple of days and not hearing from CPW., I phoned after the best part of an afternoon spent on the phone with them, they finally said that I couldn’t apply for two.  The service was terrible, so rather than proceed, I cancelled the order.

I went Mobiles.co.uk (yes, I found out later that they are the same company as  CPW) and my wife’s application was accepted but mine was not.  My credit score cannot be improved as I don’t miss payments, I’m not overdrawn, have lived at the same address for a decade and have not bank more more than a decade.

Mobile.co.uk said that CPW hadn’t advised ID mobile of the cancellation of my order and that was the reason for failing the credit check.  

Is this true and will I have to wait 90 days before applying again because CPW are such a shambles ?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps Carphone Warehouse are best placed to answer your question @Gregory Graham, although I’m not sure many companies would tell you exactly why a credit application has failed. 

https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?forward=contactus

While Carphone Warehouse, mobiles.co.uk, and iD Mobile are all part of the Currys group, they’re operated as separate businesses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gregory Graham 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve failed a credit check, after a credit check has failed we’d recommend at least 90 days before trying again.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?