Solved

iD Mobile + CGNAT + Corporate VPN

• 28 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I’m planning to switch to iD Mobile SIM soon and wanted to cover my commute scenario for working in my laptop. 

My company uses Cisco AnyConnect VPN to connect our laptop to corporate network. I’ve used Lycamobile UK, Three UK and both of them worked fine, however I don’t like their service for various reasons. 

I tried SMARTY for few days, but realised my IP (mostly 10.x.x.x) was changed every few seconds/minutes and my VPN connections was dropped each time the IP changed, rendering the SIM unfit for my usage, later figured it was due to CGNAT (I completely get why they use it and so I respect it).

Would I be having the same situation with iD Mobile service too? (CGNAT, Frequent IP Changes). I suppose I could try myself, just hoping if the community had any insight on this topic.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 13 May 2023, 19:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile say they’ll only support their SIM cards in mobile phones, so not sure many have tried an iD SIM card in a laptop, or USB dongle.

If something doesn’t work you’ll basically have to fix it yourself.

The other issue being iD technical support is practically non-existent because iD are essentially a mobile phone retail operation in business to sell 24-month phone contract wherever possible.

I use a SMARTY data-only SIM in my laptop, and haven’t noticed an issue with my DHCP lease being updated frequently.

Anyway, good luck @IDmobileWorkVPN.

I also have this issue. i cannot use a cgnat connection.

I have Starlink and it uses cgnat, so i took out an id mobile contract.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Would I be having the same situation with iD Mobile service too? (CGNAT, Frequent IP Changes).

Yes.

FYI - All MVNO’s using the Three network use CGNAT.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I also have this issue. i cannot use a cgnat connection.

I have Starlink and it uses cgnat, so i took out an id mobile contract.

Then you need to switch networks.

Why iD Mobile?